Clevis Lift???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guyute1210

Reaction score
Ok, bear with me, I just got my new 2005 Rennie last Saturday, and I'm looking at Lift's. I think I'm going to go with Rusty's 2.5", although it will probably be a few months until i can afford it. I'm new to this whole Independant Front Suspension stuff. What is a Clevis Lift??? Can some one post a 'shopped pic, and some word describing what it is? I've searched every Jeep (KJ) board, i know of, and GOOGLED trying to find out what it is, etc, and have found zilch! Can someone shed some light on this subject??? ](*,)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Guyute1210 said:
Ok, bear with me, I just got my new 2005 Rennie last Saturday, and I'm looking at Lift's. I think I'm going to go with Rusty's 2.5", although it will probably be a few months until i can afford it. I'm new to this whole Independant Front Suspension stuff. What is a Clevis Lift??? Can some one post a 'shopped pic, and some word describing what it is? I've searched every Jeep (KJ) board, i know of, and GOOGLED trying to find out what it is, etc, and have found zilch! Can someone shed some light on this subject??? ](*,)

to give u an idea...

Bennett said:
A.) Does the actual backend sit higher than the front? and B.) Does this affect installing the lift?

The Liberty naturally slopes down, meaning that the front is lower than the back as you have noticed. You can correct this by moving the clevis in the front down by 5/8" to level it out. The clevis looks like a "fork" which is located below the front strut. But no the slope shouldn't effect installing a lift as all Liberty's have them.

Bennett

Bennett, Trailn and a few others explained this to me when i asked the same question.....the thread got bunked tho due to some early configuration woes........(this was back when JeepKJ.com was in it's infancy)

Latest posts

Members online