Clevis Lift Afterwards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have a BDS 2" Lift kit. I did the Clevis lift to raise the front 1/4". Everything worked very good until driving it for about 30 minutes.
After making a right, then left turn (after each other) I heard a loud pop from the left front side. I went into a parking lot but could not figure out the problem. I then tested it.

1.) When going straight at 10 mph I could turn left with no noise.
2.) When going straight at 10 mpg I could turn right with no noise.
**3.)** When turning to wheel to the right 90 degrees, then turning the wheel back 180 degrees (which would be 90 degrees left from center position) I would hear a loud pop fromt the left side.

I continued to do this and created the same thing 90% of the time using procedure #3 from above. Can anyone shed some light on what this may be? I'm about to bring everything back down, but I don't wanna do it all over again. Could this be the ball joint rubbing or sway bar?

Thanks for any advice...I can get some pics of how everything looks if you need it.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like what it sounded like when the sway bar on my TJ went bad... I'd say that might b it but dunno if the difference in suspension matters.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GoldBug said:
That sounds like what it sounded like when the sway bar on my TJ went bad... I'd say that might b it but dunno if the difference in suspension matters.

BAM!! Your right. Actually my sway bar was not bad, I forgot to tighten the Right Side sway bar bolt/locking nut. I have since tightened it and no more noises!

Thanks!