Cleaning Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

Planning an oil change/tire rotation for my cars and wondering what product people would use to clean alloy wheels? Mine are a little dirty, but only from standard driving conditions. What would be the best product to use to get them to shine again?

While we're on the subject, also doing the same maintenance for my '92 Camry which has wheel covers. It has some pretty heavy brake grease on the wheelcovers. Even though they'll never be really clean since they're pretty old, what would you use to clean up heavy brake grease?

Thanks for your input!

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would try a wheel cleaner and a rag and scrub your brains out, AFTER you wash them with soap and water to get heavy gritty stuff off. and if its really bad, id try some really really light polishing compound with a damp rag.

about the hubcaps, try the same thing on them. and if it doesnt work, sand em with low grit sandpaper, then clean em real good with rubbing alcohol and a rag and paint em silver with wheel paint or plastic paint. read the can of dupont or duplicolor or whatever it is, wheel paint, it might be ok for plastic hubcaps too, as far as sticking good

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meguiars All Wheel Cleaner can be found in most autoparts stores. Its a good and safe all around cleaner for the rims.

Could also try it on the hub caps. O:)

Latest posts

Members online