Cleaned the engine....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess nearly 7 years of crap under the hood needed to be dealt with, so I man'd up and went to the DIY wash to de mud it, and clean the engine. No before pics (was too embarrassed to take any) but it was filthy. Took some Simple Green, dish soap, and used the high pressure wash from a distance, worked like a charm. Then I topped it off with Meguire's Ultimate Protectant.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It came out good.

I have had my engine bay covered in mud before. I usually just use simple green and the garden hose in the driveway. Works good. Maybe next time I will try the Maguires.

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would've done it here, but I had some other mud to get off, and the black sand here stains...

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have to cover anything in your engine before you sprayed it down? I've been wanting to clean mine but I'm not sure what under my hood would be ruined by water.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Also use compressed air can or compressor, to get water out from around the coil packs.