Circuit City RIP

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hyde, Jan 16, 2009.

1. hyde

hyde Moderator KJ Supporting Member

Hey you can get fat-ass-woman-sat-on TV for %30 off.. So stop complaining! :) :D
    Do they honestly think people will buy those crap at %30 off? They should just sell those stuff on ebay under different name. Even PC Richard and Son looks better next to them now (and I hate that place).

2. ChiefRudy

ChiefRudy Full Access Member

i got Resistance: Fall of man. It's an older game but $26 for a PS3 game isn't too bad. but I got a b*tch slap when I opened the sunday best buy flyer and saw the game cheaper there on sale lol. but i'm don't nick pick over $2-$3.

I was just at CC today all there sales still suck! Hopefully in Sale will get better in a few weeks.

I was looking at some open box deals and there was surround sound receiver that was label "Does NOT Power ON/Turn ON" on the table Priced at $300. Then i saw another one for $600 with all the dials missing. My father and i started laughing b/c we thought it was joke too even see that kind of junk with a high price tag.

3. hyde

Damn, I am still kicking myself for not getting that game for $19.99 on Amazon when they had PS3 game golden box day....

4. ChiefRudy

It's a good game. I enjoy. After i beat this one I plan on getting Resistance 2.

5. hyde

I have been playing the demo for a while (since it came out) and still do..

6. mikes07kj

mikes07kj Full Access Member

The real sales at CC won't be till next month, they plan on closing the stores at the end of March. What I don't understand is if their keeping the stores in Canada open why not move the merchandise up there, unless thats the plan and they really don't have any big sales.

7. Marlon_JB2

Marlon_JB2 Kombat Edition Jeep

But in the Detroit area stores, there's BARELY anything left now!

And they say that there's only 8 days left?

8. ChiefRudy

I got two CC's by me and there both like 70% filled with stuff. Most ppl will look around and then go to Best buy and get what they wanted b/c it's cheaper lol. P I pass the CC's everyday so i usually stop in once a week to check the "so called" deals.

9. mikes07kj

mikes07kj Full Access Member

This was on one of their press releases
    http://files.shareholder.com/downlo.../24F7340F-374F-49C5-A2B0-9972596F3564/FAQ.pdf

Liquidation managers began arriving in our 567 stores across the U.S.
    over the weekend of January 17-18 and closing sales were started as
    early as Saturday, January 17. Closing sales will run as long as it takes to
    sell existing inventory but are expected to wrap up by the end of March.
    When the liquidation sales are completed, the stores will be closed.

I would think the end of this month begining of next they'll cut prices to get rid of the rest. MAYBE we'll find some deals.

10. KeswickDave

KeswickDave Gold Moderator KJ Supporting Member

As far as I know, the Canadian stores are mainly "The Source by Circuit City" stores, which used to be Radio Shacks up here.

They are small stores compared to the big-box style Circuit City stores I've seen in the US, and I don't even know if they carry the same stuff, as the one near me hasn't changed much since it was a Radio Shack.

Dave

11. hyde

I wonder how radio shack can continue surviving in USA.

12. ChiefRudy

I go there all the time. They always have those little parts and tools A tech guy like me always needs :D Sure somethings are high priced but they always got what I need.

13. Cableguy

Cableguy Full Access Member

They do have some pretty handy little things here and there. That whole store is just so overpriced it drives me crazy. Good for need-it-now projects though.

That, and they try and sell me a cellphone every single time i go in there. Annoying.

14. hyde

Yeah, I guess charging $9 for a $.50 coupler keeps them in business, plus they have got enough cellphone and dish network commission.

15. hyde

Haha, we posted about cellphone at the same time! :)

What makes me mad is that they don't sell those remote outlet on/off switches anymore. I had 3 of those in the past, now I have two, I am still looking for another one to buy, I just loved that thing, so handy.

16. MoladoGuy

MoladoGuy Full Access Member

I walked through a local CC last night and found the TV's listed at 40% off. Needless to say the end price was still similar to a Best Buy or ABC Warehouse. Most of them were only display units to.

17. hyde

They were asking $71 for Harmony 510 remote.. I snickered and left.. Idiots.

18. ChiefRudy

I was up CC again today. Half the store is blocked off and empty. There has an awesome deal on a "Non-functioning" Blu-ray Player for $300!!! I was soo temped to buy it lol not... :p

another good one was they where selling wireless keyboards and mice that where on display and didn't have the receiver fobs for $25-30. I over heard one customer talking about the great deal on the wireless K.Bs and mice when I was looking at them. Then i kinda busted is bubble when i told them there are no fobs.

I think it's kind sad there are actually tring to sell this junk like that. They Should be like for a dollar or has free gift when leaving the store. I understand they have to sell everything to make the money but jeez.

19. desertkj

desertkj Full Access Member

I have never been a fan of Circuit City, since Best Buy has always been very well priced out for what I need and their Rewards program actually saved us quite a bit of money. After hearing what you all are saying about CC still trying to screw people over until the very end, I have no sympathy for the company at all. It's just too bad about the people that will have to start looking for jobs again.

20. Ry' N Jen

Ry' N Jen Banned

Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
    Elcetronic products sold in The USA afe different than those sold in Canada.
    Most notable is in the States the product is UL Listed and in Canada the same product is either CSA Certified or UL Listed/CSA Certified. Just what does that mean you ask?
    We have higher standards here in Canada than in The USA.
    If a home or business catches on fire and for some reason it is an electrical device ie. toaster and the Insurance company finds out it was not CSA Listed, then no Insurance payout because that toaster was never ment to be sold or used in Canada.

Exactly Dave.
    Radio Shack with a different name. Their plan was to eventually change all the stores over one by one to Circuit City after Circuit City USA "Tested the waters" and then slowly become larger as well.
    Thats how it was explaned to me by a friend of mine who owns several "The Source by Circuit City" stores here in B.C. and Alberta.