Chrysler Group = Sold? Rumor has it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Charger said:
I just went to dodgetalk.com and someone said that they received a phone call saying that Chrysler was sold to Magna today and that we will hear something about it on Monday. But I have no idea how reliable that info is. I guess we'll have to wait and see on Monday.

8-[

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, could be a rumor. We'll find out I guess if that's true on Monday I guess. I heard Magna was considering it along with GM and others, but so far probably all rumors. Interesting.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
good try

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Uh, I don't think this is an April Fools Joke Huseyin......

Supposedly, the "source" for this is very "reliable".

That and the "weird activity" at Chrysler plants yesterday leads me to believe that this is true.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok Marlon, I will take your word. But let's wait and see, then. I am not familiar with Magna but I suppose has something to do with GM?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Nothing to do with GM. Magna is a supplier. 25% of their business is in fact, Chrysler and has been for a long time now.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Well, Monday is here. We'll see what happens...

Well., it is here, is it there, I think not for another 50 minutes? :) Unless the DST doesn't apply?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
Marlon_JBT said:
Well, Monday is here. We'll see what happens...

Well., it is here, is it there, I think not for another 50 minutes? :) Unless the DST doesn't apply?
Yeah, Monday is here.....

Central Time is screwed however, they have to wait about oh, another 48 minutes....

Can't possibly imagine living in Mountain or Pacific. lol3.gif

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if this isnt an April Fools joke (I'm kinda doubtful of Marlon for the time-being), I would prefer a company other than GM or Ford buy Chrysler for the well-being of Jeep. What is this going to do for vehicles like the 300C which use a variety of Mercedes parts though?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
desertkj said:
Well, if this isnt an April Fools joke (I'm kinda doubtful of Marlon for the time-being), I would prefer a company other than GM or Ford buy Chrysler for the well-being of Jeep. What is this going to do for vehicles like the 300C which use a variety of Mercedes parts though?
Notice the date of which I posted this: March 31... and I'm just relaying what I saw somewhere else.

300C will continue to be built. Chrysler will continue to do what it has always done with the Mercedes Benz parts scattered among ALL of their vehicles.... continue to buy them from MB.

MB doesn't give those parts away, Chrysler buys them. Case in point: the 3.0L CRD from MB... That's why the cost is higher to buy it in a Jeep vs. a MB.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
desertkj said:
Notice the date of which I posted this: March 31... and I'm just relaying what I saw somewhere else.
I didn't notice that. Just kidding, but I am curious now.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
desertkj said:

300C will continue to be built. Chrysler will continue to do what it has always done with the Mercedes Benz parts scattered among ALL of their vehicles.... continue to buy them from MB.

MB doesn't give those parts away, Chrysler buys them. Case in point: the 3.0L CRD from MB... That's why the cost is higher to buy it in a Jeep vs. a MB.

Learn something new everyday. I had never known that they had to purchase from each other. I just thought it was kind of a inventory and distribution type thing.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
desertkj said:
Marlon_JBT said:
desertkj said:

Learn something new everyday. I had never known that they had to purchase from each other. I just thought it was kind of a inventory and distribution type thing.
Please, lol. Notice they still don't share engines... the only platform sharing that was ever done since 1998:

The Chrysler Crossfire. That's it. There has been no sharing done whatsoever.... other than that overpriced failure of a car.