Chrysler Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
"This is not a sign of weakness," he said. "I have every confidence that Chrysler will emerge from this process stronger and more competitive."

Under bankruptcy, Chrysler would still sell cars and the government would back its auto warranties.

uh-uhhh...

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It honestly sounds like the best option for Chrysler. They are not going into liquidation so they are not "going under." It is much like the airlines a few years back that filed Chapter 11. Personally, I'm optimistic to see what Fiat can bring to the table for the U.S. market.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And supposedly Fiat is giving Chrysler access to some of their technologies for improving fuel economies and stuff. Next thing you know there'll be electric KKs with top speeds of 25 mph =P

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Factories came to a halt, does that mean dealers will want to hang onto their stock and try to profit from it since they may not be getting new wheels anytime soon, or will they want to get rid of them at nice prices?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Factories came to a halt, does that mean dealers will want to hang onto their stock and try to profit from it since they may not be getting new wheels anytime soon, or will they want to get rid of them at nice prices?

Why get rid of them? They're gonna try to hang on to them because getting new stuff is gonna be kinda hard until Chrysler comes out of Chapter 11. So whatever they have... right now is whatever they have. This should be interesting, looks like they might profit more from it. (Higher dollar sales!!!) And from what I hear, since the Obama speech, Chrysler sales are up. Go figure, eh?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why get rid of them? They're gonna try to hang on to them because getting new stuff is gonna be kinda hard until Chrysler comes out of Chapter 11. So whatever they have... right now is whatever they have. This should be interesting, looks like they might profit more from it. (Higher dollar sales!!!) And from what I hear, since the Obama speech, Chrysler sales are up. Go figure, eh?

Yeah, and I hope they can reorganize and emerge stronger.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.