Chrome Grille Inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put grill insets on few years ago with no problems. It took 30 seconds to install them. Are you 100% positive they're for the correct make/model year?

Jeffrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put grill insets on few years ago with no problems. It took 30 seconds to install them. Are you 100% positive they're for the correct make/model year?

well thats what im wondering because theres no way they fit, i broke one of them trying to put it on but im gonna crazy glue it and send it back. i actually took my grill off the jeep, brought it in the house just to make sure i was doing it right.

the box just says "grille cover suitable for liberty" no years so i was wondering if it was for the later version.

you can see that its clearly too long and narrow to fit in the opening

You must be registered for see images attach

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look like they might be for an 02-04. You can try a test fit if you know somebody who has one, but I'd return them. Stupid of the seller not to post a model year with all the iterations the Libby has gone through in the past decade.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I wonder if the seller sent you the wrong part or something. It looks like they show your grille type in one of the photos. Your photo shows grill inserts that look like they'd fit in my '03.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Ebay can sure be a crapshoot.

Jeffrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Hopefully it was a mixup and I can exchange them. If not I guess I can try a different seller or different inserts

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I think the grill holes are different, although similar enough to fool people- you see how close the shapes are in your photo. They had to make space in your grill for fog lights, which might explain the difference. The fog lights on mine are down low in the bumper itself, instead of being part of the grill. The 02-04KJs that don't have fog lights have little plugs that look like vent louvers in the holes.

Jeffrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

upon further investigation i found that this one where they are all connected is for the 05-07 and the ones i bought are in fact for the 02-04. too bad, i really like the look of the individual ones instead. i probably won't hear back from the ebay seller until monday :disgust: i should probably inform them of this difference.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i was a little apprehensive to post here because i knew i would get some good-natured chrome-hating ribbing. lmao

mcseforsale

Reaction score
All of those pics show '02 -'04 libbies. Front turn signals on the front bumper, not on the front of the flare like the later models.

AJ

does anyone have these and did they have problems installing them?

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/23000025/images/dr13p-lib02c-a.jpg

The ones I received seem to be too tall and narrow to fit the 05 grille but also dont look square enough to fit an 08-Up grille. I contacted the seller but also figured i might get an answer faster here

Jeffrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of those pics show '02 -'04 libbies. Front turn signals on the front bumper, not on the front of the flare like the later models.

AJ

yeah, i wasn't aware of the redesign and apparently neither was the seller on ebay. still waiting for response from the seller. i stupidly opened each individually wrapped insert and now i gotta find some nice plastic bags and a heat sealer at work before i return them so they look unused. dont wanna get slapped with that 20% restocking fee for opened items...... :freak3:

Jeffrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found, ordered, waited, received and installed the new insert from a different seller before the original seller has even issued an RA# for the wrong ones. Yet I have received THREE emails requesting I leave feedback for them already. Trust me they are gonna get their feedback eventually and they are going to wish they never asked for it. Worst eBay experience ever.....

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately with Ebay, sometimes that's what you get. At least you were able to get the part you wanted from another seller.

Jeffrey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately with Ebay, sometimes that's what you get. At least you were able to get the part you wanted from another seller.

yeah I just hope I get a full refund eventually. I was able to repackage all the inserts at work so i better not get hit with a restocking fee. and i can ship them back from work too so it wont cost me anything in shipping. i hope they don't end up creating their own shipping label for me and taking the cost of that out of my refund. :mad3: