Check engine light: Throwin' codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got codes:
P0562- Battery voltage low
P0700- EATX Controller DTC Present / Internal TCM
P0740- Torque Converter Clutch, No RPM Drop @ Lockup

Not looking fun for me. With some searching it seems P0700 is a generic trans code and therefore P0740 goes along with that. Am I correct there? Also seems it could be the torque converter needs replacing or a solenoid or wiring or a module. Anyway of narrowing this down without mucho dinero being spent at the dealership? I am going to look into this more post haste, hoping for guidance though.

Jeep is cruising at higher RPMs but no hard shifts. No leaks and fluid was flushed at 50k; just recently hit 100k and planned to flush it again soon.

And then P0562. I would imagine this is related to the other 2, but maybe just need a new battery? Have an Optima Red Top, maybe 3-4 years old. Did start hard a few weeks back when it got real cold. No issues since and no code til Wednesday when it lit up for all 3.

Any tips, advice, or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would start with the battery and work from there
If you got 3-4 years out of Optima you've done good

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with these codes or the automatic transmission but I agree start with the battery, Who knows if low voltage is causing the codes to throw for some reason, Just my thought.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually P0700 isn't good news for the trans. Sounds to me like possible solenoid issue. Doesn't seem to be related to the low voltage but I could be wrong.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever you have multiple codes, you start by taking care of the first one and see if that may clear the others. As Tom suggested, the other 2 codes could be due to having low voltage. As in, not enough juice to lockup the t.c. when the system thinks it is, or should be locked up.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I got the P0700 (and only that code...no additional ****** ones) back in October and disconnected the battery and it went away. No issues since knock on wood.
I'd replace the battery, 3 years is plenty out of one especially in AZ.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0700 just says there are ****** issues and you need to check the real codes.

Definitely check/replace your battery, clear the codes and go from there.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am looking into batteries now. Hopefully I can pick one up tonight. Still figuring out what I want.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Sears Diehard Platinum AGM would be a reasonable choice if u can still get them there...
Odyssey is #1 but big $ now-a-days.
Or did u get something already?

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sears Diehard Platinum AGM would be a reasonable choice if u can still get them there...
Odyssey is #1 but big $ now-a-days.
Or did u get something already?

Looked at those but cost to much. Debated about getting another red top but ended up getting a Bosch platinum AGM for $130 and some change.was $200 but pep boys had 30% off and then a $20 rebate. $120 cheaper than the diehard and $70 less than a red top. We'll see how it holds up.

Now to see what codes pop again after driving some.

liron sasson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked at those but cost to much. Debated about getting another red top but ended up getting a Bosch platinum AGM for $130 and some change.was $200 but pep boys had 30% off and then a $20 rebate. $120 cheaper than the diehard and $70 less than a red top. We'll see how it holds up.

Now to see what codes pop again after driving some.

so..how did you fix it?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
We do not know, the original poster eyehatetofu, has not posted in almost 2.5 years.
It may be recommended that you start a new post in the KJ General section, to tell us about your codes & issues.