Check engine light, or what ever Jeep calls it is on...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

styng88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm used to calling it the CEL, but I know the Lib calls it something different; anyway, it's on. I cleared the code last week and the light stayed off until yesterday. I'm probably going to the local Advance Auto to get the code pulled. Is there a self-diagnostic trick that I could do on my own? Thanks.

Mike

styng88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, It's error code P0455- "A large leak has been detected in the evaporative system". What does that mean??

styng88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked that. It also comes up with a different code. Could it be time to replace it already? (40,*** on the odom.)

2003KJ

Reaction score
40K seems very early to replace the fuel cap. Got a trusted mechanic in town who could run some tests for you?

styng88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a couple of guys, but I have a friend with a garage at his house. Is there something I can look for?

n3qik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the charcoal canister for cracks and all hose from it.

Good luck.

styng88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
n3qik said:
Check the charcoal canister for cracks and all hose from it.

Good luck.

I'll check that. Is it located in the rear near the tank or under the hood? I know on the Subies it's in the rear.

n3qik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I have is the 05 service manual and it shows the canister in front of the tank just above the rear.

KY Liberty

Reaction score
Check the fuel lines. Mine were dry rotted enough at 3 years to cause that code.

Status
Not open for further replies.