Check Engine Light - Computer needs re-setting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LPaige

Reaction score
Hey all,

I went in to get the filters and general maintenance done on my Jeep a few years back, and it was a complete nightmare.

From having no issues... I went to having a ton, all due to the pathetic mechanic who worked on it.

Long story short, he didn't disconnect anything properly before working on the jeep, so now my jeep is reading as a manual instead of an automatic (I know it should be manual, but give me a break, no one's tried teaching me). Not only that, as soon as I left the lot the controls that work my windows literally smoked and burnt out, as did my damned radio. And no, they wouldn't take responsibility, and sadly at the time I was so pissed/stressed with work I didn't have the energy to fight it.

Now, my boyfriend is a mechanic, but doesn't have extensive knowledge with this vehicle, or the tools to re-set the settings.

With the computer settings, is my only option to take the jeep into a dealership? Or is there something I could do outside of that? I fixed the windows myself, pretty sure my whole radio is F'd.

PS: Any suggestions on solid mechanics in the Houston area that won't try to squeeze every potential dime out of me?

Latest posts

Members online