Cheap Duratracs in Canada...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the prices are going up on Goodyear Duratracs. (Woulda coulda shoulda bought them when they were $170 each for 245/75R16 at pmctire.com)

http://www.pmctire.com/en/goodyear-wrangler-duratrac-lt245-75r16-c-108q-owl.tire

Even the discounters online seem to be in the $200 range now.

Unless someone has another link somewhere - the Canadian Tire Goodyear Territory are looking pretty good when they go on sale. Could get 15s at $150 or 16s at $170 - ish pricing. (The 15s might be a bit lighter/pliable they're C as opposed to E in the 16s)

Anyone?

(Not to start another tire thread - but Canadian resources on Duratracs, Generals or even Firestones might be options... wonder why the prices are so bloody high...)

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Apathy and Volume

We don't have the population to sell in huge volume and we just keep paying whatever the hell these companies ask!

When I bought my silent armours they were selling for $280 per tire ($140 on tire rack). Waited for a "Sale". They sold at the regular U.S. tire rack price of $140.

ridiculous!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Luke & I run GY wrangler Silent Armor's. Kevlar belted, makes em quieter & stronger sidewalls like way thicker than duracraps. Go compare the sidewalls on the silent armor and you will want them for on & off road conditions, excellent in snow.
Ryan runs the other kevlar's GY MTR, ya they are nicer looking more aggressive, but much more road noise. He wont get stuck and can air those bad boys down too!
Have not heard from Luke how the SIlent Armors are wearing though. How many miles you got on them now Luke? How is the wear?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Actually, the Goodyear Silent Armour tires do not have Kevlar sidewalls at all.
They are "Belted" with a layer of Kevlar under the tread for "toughness" and
to soak up road noise. (Exactly what Goodyear's website tells us!)
They have the "Durawall™ Technology Helps Resists Cuts And Punctures To Sidewalls."

Only Goodyear M/T R Kevlar have Kevlar reinforced sidewalls.

The Dura Tracs are good tires for an A/T type tire. They offer better off road traction than the Silent Armour tires. (According to several online tire tests
I have read, as well as tire tests written up in several current 4X4 magazines.)
So no reason to call them Dura Crap!

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Ry - Duratracs instead of MT/Rs next time? Or do you need a killer mud tire for where you guys go?

I might just bite the bullet this summer... was thinking maybe at Tire Rack when I visit family in NY. Even paying the tax at the border still seems an honest bargain.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
So Ry - Duratracs instead of MT/Rs next time? Or do you need a killer mud tire for where you guys go?

I might just bite the bullet this summer... was thinking maybe at Tire Rack when I visit family in NY. Even paying the tax at the border still seems an honest bargain.

The Duratracs are nice tires, but I find the sidewalls a little to thin for my liking!
Not to mention that the M/T R's are the same price with my dealership discount!
So...We're going to buy M/T R's again Mitch.
They are awesome tires...
Jen and I have gotten into some situations where we truly appreciate them.

I just checked Walmart in the U.S. and they sell the M/T R's for $232.00 U.S.!
My price here is $225.00!
He!!, I probably spend $1300.00 per year in smoke, booze alone!