Changing the Power Steering Reservoir / Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zedd

Reaction score
Hi all,
i have an '03 Liberty, looking to see if anyone has a link to help with changing the Power steering fluid reservoir. I am leaking fluid and it looks like it is coming from the connection to the pump.

Would i have to change the entire pump or is it possible just to replace the reservoir?
any help is appreciated.
:help:

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its possible to just replace the reservoir, but my guess is it's the high pressure line itself that is leaking , not actually pump related (and cheaper too) best bet is to degrease that area, pump line, surrounding surfaces, check the lines coming out below the pump, there's a spot about 6 inches or so below the pump that over the years from hydrolic vibration tends to rub on the back side of the rubber section of the line and cause a leak that will mysteriously put power steering fluid all sorts of places

that said, there is an O Ring on the reservoir that maintains the seal to the pump housing, so unless theres actual physical damage to the pump reservoir, and it is indeed leaking at that area, then that's all you need is the o ring, the reservoir is only held to the pump with two detented slider clips, and sealed by an o ring. nearly identical design to that of the pumps used with the wranglers, cherokees, grands etc,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggVwMTuCGlE