Changed plugs - could this void my warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAFDaddy

Reaction score
My 04 V6 5speed seems to have a hesitation or 'miss' when accelarating during shifting. It only has 18k miles but I threw in some Champion Double platinums. I have a few questions now.
1. Is that plug a good choice? The Auto Zone parts guy said it was the recommended brand. Not sure about that.
2. Will changing plugs from OE void my factory warranty?

Thanks
MAFDaddy

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
1.) Champion plugs are actually a pretty decent plug to begin with and you went with platinums, so I would say it was a good choice.

2.) No it shouldn't. There is actually a law that protects you against getting warranties voided by using non-oem parts.

Bennett

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MAFDaddy said:
Will changing plugs from OE void my factory warranty?
The only way I can think that using non-OEM plugs would void your warranty is if you happened to get plugs that reach down into the cylinders farther than the stock plugs; the damage caused might not be covered. Having said that, if the auto parts store database had these listed as replacements for the stock plugs I would feel comfortable using them. YMMV