Change (coins)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, where do you put your spare change? My Cherokee had an ash tray that made for a great change holder. It was convenient for tolls and drive-thrus.

There's no ash tray in the Liberty, so I'm changeless at the moment. I'd hate to lose a cup holder just for change.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jjo said:
So, where do you put your spare change? My Cherokee had an ash tray that made for a great change holder. It was convenient for tolls and drive-thrus.

There's no ash tray in the Liberty, so I'm changeless at the moment. I'd hate to lose a cup holder just for change.

Well, I have an ashtray in mine, but I think that they got rid of those after the 2002s. The cupholder is the only thing I can think of, unless you keep some sort of container in the center console I guess. Maybe someone else has a more inventive idea.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
ash tray for me too....that hole on the door works as a pretty good storage area, thats where i keep some listerine pocket packs, and my cell phone headset....

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the after market Mopar ashtray and lighter set. The ashtray fits into one of your cupholder slots! What a ripoff! Who wants to lose a cupholder slot? Make the spouse mad when you tell her she can't have your cup hole. I store a lot of coins for those road trips with toll roads, when I get a sudden urge to hit the car wash, AND encounter parking meters. I wish they had a tray that can be placed in the dash panels. There's plenty of locations for an ashtray/coin holder. I currently have a tupperware container on the floor in the back seat where I can reach it if need be. All quarters. - Don't get any ideas, boys! hahaha!

Nomad

Reaction score
Ashtray

I have the Mopar ashtray (cupholder one) and its removable. I love it. It is mostly kept in the Center Console or glove box, always filled up with change. My Liberty came with it not sure why...(yep it fits in the tiny glovebox, lol)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Hmm... is there enough room to cut out a hole just big enough to squeeze the Mopar ashtray in and fit snugly and flush? Just an idea, and it would count as a modification! =D>

2003KJ

Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
I saw the after market Mopar ashtray and lighter set. The ashtray fits into one of your cupholder slots! What a ripoff! Who wants to lose a cupholder slot? Make the spouse mad when you tell her she can't have your cup hole. I store a lot of coins for those road trips with toll roads, when I get a sudden urge to hit the car wash, AND encounter parking meters. I wish they had a tray that can be placed in the dash panels. There's plenty of locations for an ashtray/coin holder. I currently have a tupperware container on the floor in the back seat where I can reach it if need be. All quarters. - Don't get any ideas, boys! hahaha!

I have that as well on my 2003. I love it! Perfect change holder. When you ahve more than one drink, you can put it in the glove hole in the dash, ot set it down on the floor of the back seat. That little cup holds alotta change. I got it for the power outlet in the front....the "smokers package" as they called it, cost $90 or so if I remember correctly.

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put quarters in the ash tray and other change in the cup holders. I kinda of like the limited storage... it forces me to not pack so much crap around.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
$90 seems awfully steep for an ashtray to hold change. Maybe $6-8 is more my liking to find a way to hold change.

If you spend $90 you wont have any change to worry about throwing anywhere LOL

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I have seen are those add-on mopar ashtrays that take up the space of one of the cupholders. IMHO, That *****! For those of you with the factory ashtrays.... is it different than the add-on one? where is it located? photos?

TIA smile.gif

2003KJ

Reaction score
Ones that came on the 02's were in the dash, right next to the power outlet (03's and up have a little storage slot where this is). I said i THINK the package was $90. All I wanted was the power outlet up front, didn't care for the ash tray as I don't smoke anymore.

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no smoker's package and no ash tray in most 05's on the lots, and thus not many good storage places in this libby. i use a 35mm film canister which holds a couple of dollars of quarters and sits in the center console. in my 92 XJ the change sat in a tray on the center console in plain view and the $#&^ thing was broken into once or twice a year and the change was swiped...only <$5 change lost, but $150 to replace the broken vent window every time...grrrrrrr

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
threadjacked.gif

Speaking of not having a smokers package, I have read that the Wrangler is one of the best vehicles for smoking a cigar (topless of course). If you note, the smokers package for the Wranger even says "cigar lighter".

Latest posts

Members online