ceriglass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just ordered carpro ceriglass, diamondite glass clay, lc hydrotech cyan 4" pads from autogeek, will be trying it all out on my girlfriends 2003 sonata, the previous owner used cheap wipers for way to long and there are now some pretty bad wiper streaks so hopefully this will clean it up a bit, will post a review after its all done, anyone here ever use any of this stuff?

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i did the glass friday night, here was my process:
step 1) cleaned the windshield with a mixture of dawm and purple power (30 oz Purple power and 2 oz of dawn) in a spray bottle, first i hosed off the windshield then sprayed the solution directly on the glass then onto a wet bone sponge and scrubbed the windshield good then i rinsed it all off.
step 2) clay barred the glass with diamondite glasswork clay using mothers quick detailer for clay lube
step 3) i skipped this step due to lack of daylight but strongly suggest not skipping it, mask off all adjacent panels, (hood, fenders, roof, a-pillars, side mirrors, and wiper blades/arms)
step 4) begin the polishing, ive seen other people do write ups using a DA buffer but i picked up a rotary at harbor freight (cost me under 40 bucks) and i would reccomend a rotary because a DA doesnt have enough power to do much on glass
i used an orange 3.5" 3m buffing pad i had from a headlight repair kit and i went 2000 rpm
work with smaller sections because as you work with the ceriglass it dries out quickly, i had a 32oz spray bottle with distilled water

the results i achieved with the ceriglass were awesome, the windshield does not look new by any stretch of the imagination but visibility was improved by about 80%, keep in mind i was using a pad designed for plastic headlights and this was a fast project, i would imagine with a proper glass polishing pad and more time i could get the windshield back to new condition, this product lives up to all claims that the manufacturer makes and i do reccomend it for anyone who is contemplating using it

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know chris. Thanks for the write-up.

Dave

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i do the glass on my dads truck or on my jeep ill be sure to take before/after and 50/50 shots, as well as pics along the way then ill post a real write-up/how-to.