Center Dash Removal-HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MKonmac

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to know how to remove the center portion of the dash.
I already know hot to remove the bezel around the radio as well as the radio and the HVAC controls.
Just need to know what steps i need to do next.
Please see picture below.

Thanks

Matt

You must be registered for see images attach

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it when I installed my radio last summer but there is a little detail I can't remember.
There is a screw near the 12V outlet, then you can take off the radio cover. Once this is off I don't remember if there is any other screw but I don't think so, just use a flat screw driver to pop out the middle section. I started by the top and it went pretty well.

MKonmac

Reaction score
I did it when I installed my radio last summer but there is a little detail I can't remember.
There is a screw near the 12V outlet, then you can take off the radio cover. Once this is off I don't remember if there is any other screw but I don't think so, just use a flat screw driver to pop out the middle section. I started by the top and it went pretty well.

I know how to remove that part as well as removing the stereo. I need to know how to remove the dash behind the stereo.

Thanks
Matt

MKonmac

Reaction score
Orange Arrow is pointing at the dash piece I need to remove.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, as far as I remember when I wired my microphone we just poped this out with a screwdriver. As I said in my first post, I may be wring but I really can't recall any screw for that piece.

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are talking about the paty where the vents are at that is part of the main dash

if you are wanting to know how to take out the dash it is easy. it is held in by 10 nuts and bolts but you winn have to remove the center console you will need to remove the stering column first and that is held in by i think 4 bolts and a set bolt on the stering shaft.

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh you dont have to undo all of the wiring let me think radio the ac wiring the top two plugs on the fuse block and the main dash harness that is above the stering column under the dash/ once you have the dash unbolted you will want an extra pair of hands the dash is not too hevey but more akward to handle slide the pass side back tward you so you can unplug some wiring from the HVAC unit also the that is everything that i can think of as of right now what year KJ do you have?

Latest posts

Members online