CD stuck in radio...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepgirl0385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my radio replaced a couple months ago. The CD player started making noises when a CD was put in and ejected, so it was fixed under warrenty.

I just bought a new CD today, and put it in. It was playing fine for a little bit and then it stopped playing. I tried to eject it with no success. I tried turning the car on and off, but that didn;t seem to help.

I was wondering if the Jeep single disc CD player had a little place to stick a paper clip like on a computer CD tray to eject my CD or if I have to take it to the dealer.

It is the 2003 Freedom edition stock CD player.

(Aeh)

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked my owners manual and didn't find anything, and a quick goolge search didn't provide any useful results. I rarely use my CD so I'm not sure how you'd go about getting it out.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think slot loading players have the little forced eject lever. I have 6-CD so I would be very much upset it a CD was stuck in my player. Maybe something in the back could help you.. Before taking it to the dealer try to see if there is anything in the back.. I wonder how much the dealer would charge to get it out. ](*,)

2003KJ

Reaction score
I too don't really use the CD player that much, mainly my iPod....but you say it was just replaced a couple of months ago? I'd bring it back to the dealer and let them handle it...should still be a warranty on that part atleast. And if they eff up your CD it's their problem.

jeepgirl0385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. :)

I know nothing about taking out the radio...I am rather clueless about technical aspects....only because I haven't had a chance to learn!!

I guess it looks like a trip to the stealer, I mean dealer. I hope they can fix it under warrenty as it was originally fixed under warrenty!

Looks like I may be able to stop by today...as the weather is getting rainy, so my original plan is probably out...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allright, let us know how it goes.

jeepgirl0385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I left the Jeep off and hit eject and it came out fine! Ugh. This is not the first time. The last new CD I bought did the same thing in the old radio....it would get stuck!

Maybe one of these days I can just get the iPod interface and not have to worry about CDs anymore!

Thanks for your input! :-D

Latest posts

Members online