Catalytic Converter Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mobjob

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the PaceSetter catalytic converter assembly? My driver cat is rattling and I figure I'll replace both sides while I'm at it. I've read the Walker or OEM assemblies work fine, but the Pace Setter (324316) is much cheaper on Rock Auto. Any thoughts are appreciated.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I literally bought those about a month ago, because the price was attractive. The weld quality was awful. Full of holes and perosity. Came with no heat shields either...

Returned them and bought Walker.
Dont waste your time.

The welds on the walker are better. Not amazing, but way better than the pacesetter. Also...they have heat shields like they should...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They do not flow as well as stock, but I guess if you want to save a buck, the way they flow you could care less

mobjob

Reaction score
Thank you. Everything seems to be going bad on me at once, so Im trying not to spend 1000 on the cats if I can avoid it. Mine is a 2006 with only 78xxx, and Ive recently replaced in the last month the front lower ball joints, front hubs, and rear brake caliper. Front upper ball joints need to be replaced too.

Ill probs end up with the Walker

Latest posts

Members online