Cargo Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BreeOge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question, what is a good rack that will fit between the rails on the top of the KJ. I know I read on the forums someplace that their was one that fit good between the rails, and kept a low profile when screwed into the side rails. Or should I just with a normal Rack, and cross rails?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Its pretty easy to measure and jump on a site to find something close. You can not just " screw them " into the side rails though unless only wanting it for looks.
Plus be careful of a lot of cross bars , due to being so high that the basket ends up 6 inches above the roof
Also the siderails are not straight, they are wider in front tampering down in the back
Have exact measurements somewhere here but someone will chime in before I find them LOL
I drilled my siderails years ago for my first setup, ran all thread ( one half inch ) clear across inside of steel pipe, kept rack low and worked for me

BreeOge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its pretty easy to measure and jump on a site to find something close. You can not just " screw them " into the side rails though unless only wanting it for looks.
Plus be careful of a lot of cross bars , due to being so high that the basket ends up 6 inches above the roof
Also the siderails are not straight, they are wider in front tampering down in the back
Have exact measurements somewhere here but someone will chime in before I find them LOL
I drilled my siderails years ago for my first setup, ran all thread ( one half inch ) clear across inside of steel pipe, kept rack low and worked for me

Ahh, thank you for the info, so basically find a rack and find some low profile bars, or make them.