Cargo area mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get a cargo area mat, but was wondering if they redesigned the "shape" of the cargo area floor in the '05 models.

Would an '04 mat fit in an '05? Are there differences?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
jjo said:
I'd like to get a cargo area mat, but was wondering if they redesigned the "shape" of the cargo area floor in the '05 models.

Would an '04 mat fit in an '05? Are there differences?

most of the changes were asthetic..so i dont see why mats wouldnt fit...

Gsan

Reaction score
If you get one that's been laying around the parts department of your stealership, it's not likely to be a perfect fit anyway (but close). We had the stealer throw one in free. When we picked it up two days later, it was gray (our interior is tan) and the lip just doesn't want to "sit down" on the back lip of the cargo area. It's a little wavy. Hopefully it'll sit down over time.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing to note is the cargo tie-downs (the little metal loops anchored to the floor of the cargo area). Most cargo mats are solid and the only way you'll be able to use the tie-downs later is to remove the mat. The Mopar one is the ONLY one (so far) that's different, it has little raised "doors" that open to allow access to the tie-downs. I looked at many mats before learning of this difference, and to think I almost bought another brand. If it wasn't for the KJ'ers round here (back when they frequented JeepForum and JU) I'd have never known the difference, so I'll pass along the same advice.
Sounds like you're getting a Mopar one anyways, I just thought I'd give you a heads up in case the '04 mat didn't fit and you started looking elsewhere... if so, wait for the Mopar one for the '05.

Gsan

Reaction score
ughdance.gif

Yeah, ditto the tie-down "doors". I actually opened up my tie down doors, tied down my cargo net (the bottom straps), then re-closed my doors (no holes in my floors, thank you).

Latest posts

Members online