Cape Cod Oversand Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was in Cape Cod recently, so I picked up an ORV permit, aired down to 12 psi and hit the sand on the Cape Cod National Seashore trails.

Beautiful scenery, and it was cool driving along the beach. Once we got to the Race Point lighthouse we had to turn back but I took a different route through the dunes which was a little more challenging, more turns and a few good hills!

You must be registered for see images

Dave

Last edited:

2003KJ

Reaction score
Nice shots!

The revo's sure do good on the sand dont they? I was real impressed with mine a couple of weeks ago, and they've got about 2 years on them!

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was impressed with the Revos and the KJ... never having driven in sand, it is pretty soft there - not bad when you're following in tracks, but when encountering another vehicle for example and you have to go out of the tracks, it gets interesting!

There was also one good hill in the "back road" through the dunes which I thought, Oh boy, here we go... and I had a Toyota right behind me so I didn't want to screw it up! But I just went nice and steady and up she went... almost had a head on collision with a guy coming up the other side though!

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool pics, your liberty looks like a remote control with that big antenna sticking up :p

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AWESOME! I've been on that same trail, passed by that same "Oversand Route" sign many a time. We've been vacationing on the Cape for 11 years now, and Race Point is always on the to-do list. Can't wait to take the KJ out there next year!