Capacitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Nace

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm in need of a ignition capacitor for 2002 liberty 2.4 ltr. Mopar part # is 56041915AB. Unfortunately this part is obsolete and not sold anywhere that I can find. Parts stores, dealership. No one has it. Is there capacitor from a different car I can adapt to fit my car? Or perhaps does anyone know where I might be able to find one? Thanks in advance.

Mike

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the capacitor will have markings on it of what Capacitance it has and what voltage it can handle.

So if you cannot find one from any other vehicle an Electronic Spare Shop like RadioShack if they still exist may have one. Will look different but as long as the Capacitance is more-or-less the same and voltage is the same or higher it will do the job.

Why do you suspect the Capacitor?;)

Michael Nace

Reaction score
Billwill,

Thanks for the info. I need a new capacitor, because I have misplaced the one I have. So therefore, I can't get info, markings, etc off of it. So, if I can find a capacitor with the same capacitance and voltage it should work. How do I go about getting the info?

My other option is to go to a junkyard and look for one. But they aren't open until Tuesday. Was hoping to find something today.

Thanks again
Mike

dtennes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was there ever a resolution for this post? I found the replacement part (Advance Auto Parts has it).

At some point in the last year a mechanic apparently disconnected the wire from it, and then my guess is that whoever did it either (a) wrecked the connector, (b) wrecked the capacitor, (c) all of the above, (d) read a thread that claimed it wasn't necessary, and subsequently (e) simply cut the pigtail off and disappeared the capacitor... for which I have found the replacement.

If anyone has ever had to replace one of these, please let me know. I have a couple of wiring diagram questions for you.

I have a rogue p0304 (cyl 4 misfire) code popping up randomly, and electrical noise may be a root cause. So, this is a checkbox item in the effort to narrow down possibilities.

dtennes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was there ever a resolution for this post? I found the replacement part (Advance Auto Parts has it).

At some point in the last year a mechanic apparently disconnected the wire from it, and then my guess is that whoever did it either (a) wrecked the connector, (b) wrecked the capacitor, (c) all of the above, (d) read a thread that claimed it wasn't necessary, and subsequently (e) simply cut the pigtail off and disappeared the capacitor... for which I have found the replacement.

If anyone has ever had to replace one of these, please let me know. I have a couple of wiring diagram questions for you.

I have a rogue p0304 (cyl 4 misfire) code popping up randomly, and electrical noise may be a root cause. So, this is a checkbox item in the effort to narrow down possibilities.
BTW, I am working on a 2003 3.7L Sport engine replacement.

Latest posts

Members online