Can someone point me to some threads about the ESP BAS light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awww KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to do some reading instead of having a redundant thread. :)

Search wouldn't let me search for ESP
Search wouldn't let me search for BAS
Search found nothing for ESPBAS

Thanks

Awww KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mounted, balanced and installed two tires on the rear axle with about 11/32" tread.

The front two original tires have about 4/32" tread.

Could this be the cause of an erratic ESP BAS light?

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised the systems are that sensitive.

As for the functionality of the forum's Search function; yeah it has it's limitations.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised the systems are that sensitive.

As for the functionality of the forum's Search function; yeah it has it's limitations.
For '07+ they are ubber sensitive.Simply having the alignment set(toe) and not calibrating the steering angle sensor will cause all sorts of issues if the steering wheel was off more then 3-5 degrees.

Awww KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks TJKJ for confirmation.

I think toe is off (I posted about it a bit ago and someone mentioned it in regards to the scrub wear of the tread.)

I'm going to do 2 conduit nuts each side, mount the other 2 "new" (stock Goodyears from a Wrangler - craigslist) tires and get it aligned. The local CDJ dealer has been good so far and I get very frustrated by incorrectly done alignments so dealer it is... probably. Maybe. :) I'll have to read up on the steering angle sensor; that's a new one on me.