Can I use these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you use the TJ (97-06) OME 60049L shocks for rear extended shocks on our KJ's? These are 3.5" to 5" rear shocks.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you use the TJ (97-06) OME 60049L shocks for rear extended shocks on our KJ's? These are 3.5" to 5" rear shocks.

Normally YJ shocks are what we need.

...but looking at these now...they may just work. I'll try to compare them to the specs of the other rear shocks in my spreadsheet when I get home tonight.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I compare everything to the Monroes on my Jeep already, which are about .5" shorter than JBA's 4" bilsteins.

So it looks like they are as follows:

OME 60049L
Extended: 24.49"
Collapsed: 14.41"

Monroe 58649
Extended: 25.2"
Collapsed: 15.24"

So assuming the eyelet fits our bolts and you can make sure it bolts up without moving...then they should, in theory, work as a 2.5-3" lift shock.

This is, of course, speculation and not a testimony that it works.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Normally YJ shocks are what we need.

...but looking at these now...they may just work. I'll try to compare them to the specs of the other rear shocks in my spreadsheet when I get home tonight.

Thanks that would be really helpful. Due to all the talk of longer rear shocks on the forum as of late I realized that I am not going to get the full extension out of the ones that came with my OME lift as they are not the N132L's. I look forward to hearing what you figure out.

I have a friend with them now there is a chance I could test them out to see for fit.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to compare these to the 60069 shocks which are basically stock length. Trying to find the specs. I know i have them at home.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That'd be a solid break through if they do work. Thanks for doing the work!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally found the numbers without being home.

OME 60069 (basically stock)
Extended: 22.6772"
Compressed: 14.252"

I always knew I should go longer than the Monroes for my 4" lift springs. Still can't find a good length shock, though.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Finally found the numbers without being home.

OME 60069 (basically stock)
Extended: 22.6772"
Compressed: 14.252"

I always knew I should go longer than the Monroes for my 4" lift springs. Still can't find a good length shock, though.

The Monroes ( Load Levelers ) I used were the exact same length as the 132Ls
I have a picture somewhere of the two together, well together with stock length . Somewhere along the line I think they ( Monroe ) blended them in with another shock to serve double duty.

Latest posts

Members online