Camping/ Wheeling Trip

What weekend works for you?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bandit1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please vote/pick the dates above that will work for you if you are interested in this trip. You can pick more than one date if more than one works for you. Some time in March, I will delete this tread and start a new one with the picked date for the trip and to discuss the final details for the trip at that time. Till then, we can bounce ideas around here

I am planning a camping/ wheeling trip to upstate New York... I am thinking about heading to the Indian Lake area. I have a friend (yes Dave, that's you) that knows some free legal wheeling and camping in that area.

The area that I am looking to go to Dave has said is extreme primitive camping and is only accessible if you have 4wd. This is a place I want to go... real camping done right.

If you are interested, let me know. However I am gonna set some ground rules to follow first, if you can abide then you are more than welcome to join.

Rule 1: Limited alcohol... I am not a big drinker and I will be bringing my son. My son going is the reason for this rule... Alcohol may be brought and drank, Keep it reasonable and responsible as I do not want this to turn into a collage party. just trying to keep it kid friendly.

Rule 2: Tread Lightly... This should be a no brainer. The area I want to go to is a "you pack it" place, you pack it in, you pack it out

Rule 3: Have Fun...

I know there is about 6 months before this trip, but better to plan in advance; I would be looking to get up to the area around 1000-1200 on that Sat, do some exploring, make camp and leave again that Sun 1300-1500.

I will be bringing my 10yr old son, and maybe my daughter, if you have kids you want to bring, you are more than welcome to bring them.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess I have to go then since I need to show you the way....haha

May is too early. It is cold and probably snow/ice on the mountain so June will be more pleasant for camping.

Too early for this? June is a ways off, eh?.....haha

Dave

Bandit1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I have to go then since I need to show you the way....haha

May is too early. It is cold and probably snow/ice on the mountain so June will be more pleasant for camping.

Too early for this? June is a ways off, eh?.....haha

Dave

LOL, well you dont HAVE to go, but I know you have been wanting to show me the place anyway. And you do not have to camp out with us over night either if you dont want to, LOL