Cabin Fan Control Speed only at 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fan blowing in the cabin only operates on 4 with no activity at positions 1 through 3. This happened once before and I paid a dealer $260 to replace what I thought was a relay. Does anyone know which one it is? Is it the A/C Blower relay under the hood or is it one more difficult to access? I would like to get the part ordered as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this replacement a few years ago. The resistor was shot and it only worked on setting 4. Took all of 5 minutes.

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like you will see in the links, it's very easy to do yourself. Don't want to spend any more money than you have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to me a couple of years ago. Fan only worked on #4. Went to the dealer and got a replacement for $20-25 or so and changed it. Shouldn't cost more than that for a replacement OEM one which I trust a little more than some of the cheap aftermarket ones. They get hot so I wanted a good one. That's just me. NAPA probably has a goo one also. I wouldn't trust some of the others.

Dave

(ps.....I see you already posted that you got one as I was posting my reply so disregard)

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I got one from Autozone a few years back and it was the same as the OEM one. Didn't get a Sebring one.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced mine with an Oem one 3 years ago, still golden.
Usually they just wear out...but mine just so happened to quit after rear ending someone lol..
I got a small dent. And that resistor kicked it.
He got...11,800 worth of damage..cheap a$$ Toyota..