BUYING TIRES TODAY- Got 'em on w/ PICS [General Grabber AT2]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...So I'm sold on getting General Grabber AT 2's because of many reasons...mostly because I can get 4 for my size 16" rim for $404 shipped :). I want to get them in a 245/70TR-16 and I think they should not rub but I wanted to double check with you guys. There's a guy who has an 06 lib similar to mine with those exact tires and he talks about them in this thread http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3774&highlight=grabber . Am I good to go? Thanks!

polomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I talked to somebody who has them and was told it's alright so they're on the way. I'll put up pics.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may get alittle rubbing, but nothing that can do any harm to anything. May just be annoying in parking lots and such.. 8-[

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my at2's on order, and hopefully I'll have them installed next Tuesday or Wednesday....I can't wait to get rid of the badyears on my Jeep

polomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no kidding! those tires pretty much suck for anything except driving on the highway. getting them tomorrow!! woo hooooo

polomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're at the tire shop now. I went down there this afternoon and they said that they didn't have time to put em on so tomorrow morning it's going to happen. I also asked them about lifts since they install and they said that labor and a balance would be about 200 smackolas which doesn't seem like toooo much. That would mean I bought the lift off line though. I'll put pics up asap though! peace guys

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
polomaan said:
They're at the tire shop now. I went down there this afternoon and they said that they didn't have time to put em on so tomorrow morning it's going to happen. I also asked them about lifts since they install and they said that labor and a balance would be about 200 smackolas which doesn't seem like toooo much. That would mean I bought the lift off line though. I'll put pics up asap though! peace guys

Wow 200 bucks is cheap. I was quotes $300+ dollars to install a lift that I bought. $75 an hour.

polomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so here's the new tires. BTW, they're sweeeeeeeet!
You must be registered for see images attach

polomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually I'm going through my last set of exams before finals now and haven't had the time to take it out with someone else to see... I guess that means if they're rubbing then I can't tell from the driver seat. I'll post as soon as possible

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only rubbing you should feel is at full lock backing up or maybe some slight rub at full lock going foward. I ran the Dueller Revo's 245/70/16's while at stock height and found no issues. A couple times I heard some rubbing but that was during full lock (turn). After a while it went away...

k21975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does having the slightly bigger tires affect the speedometer or odometer any?

Thanks.