Busted LBJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This made for a fun evening. At least it was only in a parking lot and not on the road. I probaly should have paid more attention to that creaking sound in the front end. Just figured it was my totally bagged factory springs/shocks.

Called the dealership and apparently they did the recall in 06, so I'll do the work mysef and send DC a bill and see if they'll help me out.

2 Moog K80767 LBJ's ordered from rock auto.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Pol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly like that.

Check and see of recall F23 was performed on your jeep. They'll replace the LBJ's for free. However, F23 was done on 30,000 miles ago on mine and i still broke it.

Might be better to diy witb moog 80767 and send chrysler a bill.

Pol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine home

You must be registered for see images attach

Everthing soaked in liquid wrenck and parts on order from rock auto. Changing both LBJ's.

I'll put in new tie rods, ubjs, uca's, struts and springs after I lift it this spring.

You must be registered for see images

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Did you have any play in them? Mine don't have any play in them. Mine had the recall done back in 08 I think. Can't remember when I had it done. Did the noise stop once you had been driving for awhile?

Pol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any play. I'll get a pic of how it broke. Completely sheared off.

I do have a lot of worn out front end parts (136k on the jeep). I wonder if the creaking could be attributed to a worn out bushing somewhere.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine I guess is more of a squeak...it sounds exactly like bad sway bar bushings but it does it without the sway bar. Goes away if it's warm out or if it sits in a heated garage.

Did yours make the noise if you just turned the wheels without moving? Mine does it just on bumpy roads.