Burp the radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JnyBob

Reaction score
Ok, I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited. I was reading a post that suggested burping the system after a new radiator was installed. How does one burp a closed cooling system like is on the Liberty? Thank you all in advance for your time. PS. The forums are great. I'm glad I found them.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Use Mopar Hoat or Zerex G05 coolant only. If you use the wrong coolant it is bad news, flush time !
The coolant reservoir monitor it and allow to cool overnight and re-fill to the cold line each morning for a few days.
The air bleed can also be used at top rad hose when hot to remove air, when hot.

Attachments

• Air Bleed 8mm Hex.jpg
    Air Bleed 8mm Hex.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 9

JnyBob

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Opps! I just put prestone in my Liberty. What is the best was to flush it out?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Prestone eek ! Always refer to your owners manual for any fluids etc for your Jeep.
Hoat & prestone turns to gel & can damage the plastic waterpump impeller.
The best way is to find Jeep a dealer, that has a pressurized re-circulating machine. It guarantees getting all the bad out.
It's not an easy process to remove it all, much still remains in heater core as a DIY.

JnyBob

Reaction score
Prestone eek ! Always refer to your owners manual for any fluids etc for your Jeep.
Hoat & prestone turns to gel & can damage the plastic waterpump impeller.
The best way is to find Jeep a dealer, that has a pressurized re-circulating machine. It guarantees getting all the bad out.
It's not an easy process to remove it all, much still remains in heater core as a DIY.
Thanks for the answer.

Phil2020

Reaction score
HELP!

Make: 2002 Jeep Liberty Ltd, immaculate condition body and interior. Low kms only 92,000kms / 57,166miles, not bad for a 20 year old Jeep. Never off road.

Had a radiator **** out on April 21st 2021, the **** out was at the fins area on the radiator.
It was a Spectre radiator bought from a local Napa store, only lasted 11 months.

Replaced it with a Mishimoto radiator bought April 21st, 2021 and installed that in place of the Spectre that the Napa store sells, thought I was buying a better radiator. Replaced thermostat and water pump at the same time. Heater fine, A/C fine:)

Well last week on Thursday 27th January, 2022, walked out to the garage and my beautiful Jeep Liberty is leaking coolent all over the garage floor after been sitting for 4 days. Radiator last installed in the Jeep 8 months ago.

Took it to my mechanic and as I had feared it was the radiator, the fins on the radiator are blown out.
Shoot, it's a Mishimoto radiator!!! WTH!!!
I thought Mishimoto radiators were good radiators.

Can anyone HELP? Why does my 2002 Jeep Liberty keep blowing out radiators?

A Million Thanks in advance!!!

Latest posts

Members online