Burning Smell from rear right tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkearsKJ

Reaction score
Ok where do I begin... lol

I have a 2005 Libby that just hit 122xXx

3 weeks ago I replaced both rear rotors only due to serious wear in them, I had to replace the front passenger side Caliper, then I got my brakes flushed. 3 days later my rear drivers side Caliper started to smell like burning rubber so I replaced that, no smell there now. Yesterday on my way to work (an hour commute) in sudden traffic I had to SLAM on my brakes real quick. About 10 minutes later I started smelling burning rubber. When I got to the job site I put my hand on all 4 rims and the rear passenger side rim was slightly hotter. I ended up driving home after and by the time I got home everything was fine. This morning I headed out to work with no problems. On my way home I hit traffic again, and after a while the smell was very strong. There was no smoke just burning rubber smell. So my guess would be it's a sticky caliper?
The problem is that same caliper was replaced in March 2014. It is now June 2015. Am I having another problem I'm unaware of or are these calipers really that ******* ******? I've replaced all 4 calipers at least once in the 1.5 years I've had this pig.. really, really ******* irritating

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the parking brake shoes and bits when you replaced the rotor?

Latest posts

Members online