Bumper Guards for Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deboy922

Reaction score
I had a Smittybilt Outland Sport Grille Guard (part # 362204-B) on order from JC Whitney. I guess Smittybilt is having problems keeping up with demand, so JC Whitney cancelled my order and told me to try again in 2 months. I have tried numerous on-line places, and they all tell me the same thing.

This Smittybilt guard is the only low-profile guard that I have seen for the Liberty. I do not really want a full guard that covers the headlights. I want a small guard that I can add some auxilliary lights to.

Anyone know of some other bumper guards similar to this Smittybilt Sport model? http://www.truckstuffusa.com/outsporbumgu1.html Or of some place that has this Smittybilt guard in stock.

Thanks,
Jason
Lafayette, IN

deboy922

Reaction score
Yes, I had not really considered the Mopar bull bar. But it is kind of growing on me. Does anyone have some pictures of a black one installed on a Liberty? Could lights be easily mounted to this type of bull bar? I am having trouble telling if holes could be easily drilled in the horizontal bar near the bumper.

Thanks,
Jason

deboy922

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the suggestions.

SRotblat - great pics! Black bull bar w/lights, exactly what I was looking for!

I think that I am going to pull the trigger on one of these bull bars. Yes, jparts.com is is an excellent parts dealer for price and delivery.

I originally ordered the Smittybilt guard in early November, so I am extremely anxious. I also purchased a pair of Lightforce 170's that have been sitting on my workbench for 2 months. I already have the switch, relay, and wiring installed.

Anyone aware of any negatives associated with this Mopar bull bar.

Thanks again,
Jason

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've not seen any negatives really other than it says your not suposed to use the OE tow hooks -- but you can mount the bull bar and the OE tow hooks (use the 'm' bolt that came with the tow hooks no the bar).

I like the look (why I saved those picts on my PC) but with my front Hidden Hitch I'd have to fab up some kind of custom mounting....

Latest posts

Members online