Bucking at 40mph

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by dentwizz, Dec 21, 2011.

1. dentwizz

dentwizz Full Access Member

Recently I have noticed the lib has a "buck" or hesitation when at 40mph going up a hill I get behind someone. It doesn't do it if I "OD OFF" button, but it's like its confused on the gearing. Going up the hill faster or slower doesn't make an issue but 40 does. Is this fairly common? As stated, I did not notice this until recently. I hope it is nothing major about to happen since I can barely afford to drive it as is...

2. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

How long have you been running that K&N ?

3. dentwizz

50k and cleaned/checked on interval. Stock intake with KN element more specifically...

4. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

But have you cleaned the intake etc, K&Ns are known to suck in lots of dirt and crap, could be a start
    When was the last tuneup done and with what plugs ?
    Have you changed where you buy your gas?

5. dentwizz

Fuel sources have been consistent, power band has been where it usually was. I just had the plugs out for inspection and they were all on spec(even after 40k). Trans fluid was changed in feb.

6. Porkchop

Porkchop Full Access Member

My 07 did this 2yrs ago everything checked out on the scan so I had to take it to 3 dealers before I found a dealer who had it for 1.5 hrs to do a trans up date and fluid check.
    As soon as I left the dealership I knew it was fixed.
    Next day I go back to the dealer to ask what up date they did and as they would close there doors for good today they couldnt tell me.
    When I took it to the other dealers they said thats just how KJs are I hate that bs they give never told them I was a tech and knew it was the trans doing it.
    So makes me wonder if the up date was done on your 05?
    Makes a big dif when going with bigger tire size.

7. dentwizz

Good to know. I was thinking it might be software. The tire size is stock at least. Maybe I'll make a visit to the dealer then. Did they charge any to do it?

8. Porkchop

Porkchop Full Access Member

No and gave me no paperwork just said dont worry abought it. I thought Oh no and drove it home only to find that it realy was fixed. Thats why I went back the next day and suprise they would lock the doors today.
    Funny thing
    1. Is hard for me to let anyone work on my rides.
    2. When I snooped in the shop to see what thay were doing.
    The tech,she had it on the hoist runing. She had so much equipment hooked to my jeep I thought Oh no my KJ looks as if it is in the ICU. Now when she drove it out to me shes says nick KJ I checked all fluids for you sur and when I got home and checked she sure did.
    Sorry for the tap talk!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011