broke my seat recline lever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as the title says. I wish I had some cool back story for it but I dont. I was simply getting out of the vehicle and slid out of the seat and heard a pop and the seat side dropped a little. I turned around to find the seat handle had snapped off with the metal shaft inside it.

So my question is, can this be fixed by simply remove the remainder of the shaft ( I see it has a coil spring around it) or do I just need to look at getting the entire recline assembly and replace it that way?

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole shaft is a bracket assembly. Shaped like an L has 10 mm bolts holding it onto the base of the seat and two bolts holding it under the top side underneath the seats cover. Hard to get to, but can be done. Did the same thing in my passenger seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the same to mine a couple of months ago. Luckily the back is in the right position, and I'm the only one who drives it. Mine is staying broken. On the bright side, it's one less thing that can break.....again. lol

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine broke in the right position too. Piece of garbage.

If anyone has a good explanation/pictures of how to fix it...post it. (Besides replacing the seat)

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine broke in the right position too. Piece of garbage.

If anyone has a good explanation/pictures of how to fix it...post it. (Besides replacing the seat)

I will for a beer ;) lol I'll go to the junk yard Thursday after work and take pictures. Which side?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont you all keep extra seats for parts ? Or am i the only fool that does that?

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I snapped the driver's side off. I figure from a few months of 230ish lbs pushing on it that it finally decided it had enough.

I wish I kept extra seats! lol Maybe once I settle down with traveling for work and get my own place then I can start getting those extra seats for when things like this happen!:gr_grin:

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as the title says. I wish I had some cool back story for it but I dont. I was simply getting out of the vehicle and slid out of the seat and heard a pop and the seat side dropped a little. I turned around to find the seat handle had snapped off with the metal shaft inside it.

So my question is, can this be fixed by simply remove the remainder of the shaft ( I see it has a coil spring around it) or do I just need to look at getting the entire recline assembly and replace it that way?

Happened to me too (bought it this way).
Had to replace the whole recliner assembly - was easier to replace the whole backrest all together from a seat I pulled at a junk yard. They charged me 35$.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine broken too! All well. I only miss it when I'm waiting for the misses at the hair place and I want too nap.

On the bright side, I've been legally drinking and buying beers here since I was 18!

Bert

joeysjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the driver side one was broke when I bought mine just went to a junk yard and got a whole seat for 40 and disassembled it and then took mine out and swapped the parts over. Though I did notice as the seat I snagged was for an 04 the reclining mechanism was a little different then my 02. Not enough for it to not work but different. Its not that hard to replace took about 30 minutes.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought the whole assembly for 5$ here:) pulled it myself

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.