Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Yeah yeah you've all heard the rave reviews on Revo's and how well they do. But I figured I'd do a write up for those new commers who haven't seen all the threads yet.

Let it be known that I had the REVO'S installed last Friday, so they've been on a total of 4 days.

A couple of weeks ago I got caught in a nasty storm on my way to grab some dinner. It was rainin so hard you couldn't see your own wipers, I was crawling down this 4 lane state highway that everybody usually does 60mph on, and we were doing 5mph it was raining so hard. I had my hazards on, as well as my Headlights and Fog Lights (which I always have on when its dark), the hazards were so people would see me. Well the guy infront of me wa driving a black car, at night, in a bad storm....not a smart idea if you ask me! Anyways, some moron about 7 or 8 cars stopped to pull off and didn't pull off all the way, and traffic came to a stop because of this idiot, and I didn't see the guy infront of me untill it was too late. I slammed on the brakes (keep in mind i'm doing 5mph, 10 tops), tires locked up instantly, and sliding I went. I managed to miss the car, and wound up in the muddy ditch on the side of the road. Long story short, I got back out on my own, in low range, but a very cool guy in a XJ (beileve it or not) happened to be behind me and watch me go off and stopped to offer help to get back out, and stuck around to see if I could get back out on my own. This was the day I decided I needed to get new tires, and SOON

So I had done some reseach in the past and decided I definately wanted Bridgestone Dueler A/T's. At first the REVO'S were out of my price range, so I pretty much ruled them out, and went with the next best ones, the 693's. I went and talked to the guy at costco and actually got a much better deal through them, and the price difference wasn't that much between the 693's and the REVO'S, so i spent the extra bucks and got the REVO'S and i'm damn glad I did!

Tonight on my way home I got caught in another bad storm, only worse than the last one. There was probably a good 6" of standing water on the road for the majority of my way home, more at the bottom of hills, and less at the top, although it was rushing at the top. With the Goodyears I would probably be in a ditch again, or even worse, upside down. With the REVO'S I was able to maintain 30mph with ease, and not break traction ONCE! Other vehicles were pulling off of the road, and into gas stations and banks, even the soccer mom SUV's. It was pretty much Jeeps and Full Size trucks out (funny how in situations like that, you see everything but Jeeps on the side of the road waiting).

In short, if anybody is considering this tire, I HIGHLY recommend it. I"m still awaiting their performance in snow (providing we get actually get some this year), and i'll do an update when that time comes.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my experience with the A/T's

Man all you people must have a different version of the Destination A/Ts or something. I really can't stand mine. Well they are not bad for the prices, just a mediorcare all-season tire. They are no where near as agressive as the BFG KO's. More of an all-season tire than an A/T. I was impressed with them at first but now that I have about 15k on them and they have gotten quite loud and traction has already started to go down hill.

Also, in mud they are as good as slicks. I almost got stuck on level hard packed wet soil. My tires where so gunked up just from driving on the wet soil (no mud boggin here) that it was like driving on a sheet of black ice. They preformed about the same as the stock goodyears in mud.

One thing I noticed is they chunk rubber like crazy, especially when wheeling. I know all tires get cut-up off-road but these are FAR worst than the stock goodyears or the no-name A/T I had on my CJ. All the chunked off rubber is probably why they are now quite loud and lost traction. Tirerack rates them quite high, however a few other sites rate them just middle of the road. I think they are a good tire if you drive on pavement mostly and never really see more than a dirt road. They are really an all-season tire not and A/T.

2003KJ

Reaction score
And your're running the Firestone Destination A/T's, or the Bridgestone Dueler A/T's? Made by the same company, different brand name, COMPLETELY different tire.

Zonie

Reaction score
Just got my Revos (245/70/16) last weekend in a 3 for 1 sale and I am amazed at the difference. I have about 400 miles on them. 250 highway the rest in rain and mud.

Observations:
Much more stable; minimal roll on turns @ hiway speeds
Pot holes and bumps feel smaller
Steering is more solid
NO slip on any road surface I've me so far
Libby feels like a bigger, stronger, safer rig

Why'd I wait 6,000 miles to do this!!??

jtalef

Reaction score
Second That

I second that. Here in Michigan it seems we're in the least interesting weather belt. We never get seem to get good thunderstorms anymore. Hardly ever a tornado and the past few years nary a sign of a big snow storm (at least in SE and E MI). I think we're one of the most boring weather states around. :-({|=

phoenixbirdl

Reaction score
THANKS for the great info. I'm looking at getting tires next year and the information is very usefull. I know Before I traided in my 02 RAM 2500 diesel. I was running the 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO'S II's and it handled like a charm.

Barry

Reaction score
I had the Dueler Revos put on when my Libby had less than 300 miles on it (one trip in the rain with the Factory Widow Makers convinced me). That was 12,000 miles ago. Tires still look new and have performed perfectly on and off the road. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Barry said:
I had the Dueler Revos put on when my Libby had less than 300 miles on it (one trip in the rain with the Factory Widow Makers convinced me). That was 12,000 miles ago. Tires still look new and have performed perfectly on and off the road. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I couldn't agree more. I've had mine on for about a year now, and put about 12K on my Jeep also. I was just looking at them the other day and saying to my self "damn these things look excellent for having 12K on them already!"

resipsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I, too, am running with the Revo's. I put them on my '03 a couple months ago after spinning out on ice while driving on 2 original tires and 2 Firestone Destination LE's. The difference is almost indescribable. These tires have never once slipped on me. NOT ONCE! We had a big rain storm 2 days after I put them on my Jeep, so I thought I would try driving all the way to work (30 miles) without engaging the four-wheel drive. I made it all the way there without spinning my tires once. I am finally able to stay in the middle of the lane like I want to, rather than doing the shimmy from side-to-side. And, after driving in rather heavy snow, I can tell you the Revo's are just as good with snow as they are with rain.

jimheem

Reaction score
I put the revo's on my wife's Land Rover Discovery about 10,000 miles ago. Now that she's getting rid of that money pit and getting a Liberty, The tires are still in EXCELLENT shape, so they WILL be swapped over. Those tires are great tires. The only tire I might reccomend more is the BF Goodrich All-Terrain, however they are much less "street friendly". I went with the Revo on the rover since they were speed rated to 120, and the BFG only to 90. Hey, there are some nice long straight highways here sometimes. Not that we would have ever gone 100mph :^o

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for the Revos here. Got a decent amount of mileage on them now, and boy do i wish i could have done it sooner. Had to let the stock crapyears wear out because i'm poor, but hey, it was worth the wait! The amount of traction you can get in some of these crazy Florida rainstorms is amazing, and worth every penny you put into them.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Yup...I'm kickin myself I didn't do it sooner either.

And I am reminded by how good they are everytime one of those "bad curves" that are on the windy country roads sneak up on on you and catch you off guard.....like today in the rain (biggrin)

Latest posts

Members online