Brian's Ren

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a long slow process... Not a lot of Money... Not a lot of time...
You must be registered for see images

When I finally get around to it... This is going to be on the tire cover, and probably on the fenders too... The new mascot for my Renegade.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased it used in July of '09. in August I smashed up the transmission oil pan. Then the cat. converters crapped out on me. Dealer replaced the converters. I replaced the pan.
Thankfully it was only $12 for a new pan

Last edited:

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

then I started blowing out the left tail/brake bulb every week or two... couldn't figure it out until I noticed a clear plastic piece inside the housing that seamed to have popped free from the lens, but melted enough that it couldn't pop back in place, so i poured some plastic model glue in there, then propped it up at an angle so it would glue itself away from the bulb... looks odd if you look for it, but I haven't lost a bulb since

Last edited:

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made my own roof cross rails with angle iron and muffler clamps... these have since been painted with spray can bed liner

Learned the hard way... don't weld above a window... the glass is now marked up from hot sparks melting the glass slightly
This is the first version of the cross rail...
Below is the 2nd version

Last edited:

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score

then I started blowing out the left tail/brake bulb every week or two... couldn't figure it out until I noticed a clear plastic piece inside the housing that seamed to have popped free from the lens, but melted enough that it couldn't pop back in place, so i poured some model glue in there, then propped it up at an angle so it would glue itself away from the bulb... looks odd if you look for it, but I haven't lost a bulb since

im continually blowing the fuse for my left side running lights. i have replaced all bulbs on the left side. and before the fuse blows the left indicator i stuck on..

im out of ideas and am dreading taking it to a garage to have it trouble shot.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 1st car... a Jeep CJ5... I kept having the circuit breaker blow for my parking lights... turned out it was a wire that was touching the exhaust... it got hot and shorted out... when it cooled off, it worked again...

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After installing the 3" Rough Country lift I decided to articulate it a bit

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AAARRRRGGGHHH!!! okay... no tires yet... all my tires of different sizes have to much difference in sidewall plies... (ie. 2 10 plys, and 2 4 plys etc). so, tires gotta wait a little longer... looks like I'll be doing some fender flare painting this weekend instead... maybe put another light on the roof

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone remembers the pic of ice in a tunnel i drove to, but here is a better one... it was tough to get the front end onto the ice shelf so we could get out to take more pics, the water was about 8 inches deep, so it was a bit of a climb onto the ice with stock street tires

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here you can see the "puddle" that I had to go through to get to the ice shelf

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARGH!!! The tires have to wait longer now... Looks like I have two wheel hub/bearing assemblies to replace, and two upper control arms to replace, and of course another alignment! I have looked at the JBA UCA's and the Rocky Road UCA's... The Lower price on rocky roads make them more attractive. Wonder if anyone has had problems with them?

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my windshield replaced last monday while i was out of town, to make it legal for my son to take his driver's test in... got home last night, picked up the jeep today (friday) and drove it for about 2 hours today... no rock chips, no sound... glass started cracking right in front of me, started at bottom and went straight up to the top! argh!!!:wtf2:
apparently my brother's dad has same problem with his older libby, goes through windshields faster than other vehicles and sometimes breaks with no apparent cause!

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lifetime warranty on windshield with free rock chips. He said it was a manufacturer's defect. new glass is so nice...

Got some old 235/85 16's I had laying around mounted on the Jeep today... wow... nice to have tread meant for something other than warm dry clean pavement. Now in 2wd it's like it was in 4wd yesterday...

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With your 3" lift, did you have to swap out your stock UCAs? Do you have any issues with coil contact or ball joints?

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did have to replace one uca, it's ball joint was worn, and I will need to replace the other one. I believe these were already being worn down before the lift, as I also had to replace both of my hub/bearing assemblies too... I'm not the original owner.

I do not have any bad contact with this lift, and I am still running stock uca's, but I will replace them with some nicer ones soon.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

my 235/85 16's