Brake Noise Diagnosis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I basically rebuilt the entire suspension of the summer, finally got the tri-link ball joint support on the differential, and did all the brakes (discs, pads, etc.) I even put a new caliper bracket and bolts on the front left of the car after an issue with seized pins, did the rotor at the same time.

Well about a week ago there is a new noise (less than 5k on the car since the install) and I've heard it before. But I figured I fixed it, the front left wheel when braking lightly gives the whoosh whoosh whoosh, press harder and it stops. I could not get a good video but this one matches the noise pretty well (sound starts around :25).

My hope is that the new caliper just needs some more grease and it's sticking causing the pad to not engage flat along the rotor but I'm open to other suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WFcBNcMBMQ

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you torque your wheels? Is there a pulsating feeling on the bake pedal?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you torque your wheels? Is there a pulsating feeling on the bake pedal?

Wheels were all torqued, no wheel vibration when braking. Just this stupid noise that is not affecting the braking performance either.

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sound almost like the tire is rubbing on something, check the tire for rubbing marks... Can you mount the camera to the wheel well?

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sound almost like the tire is rubbing on something, check the tire for rubbing marks... Can you mount the camera to the wheel well?

But it only happens when braking? I can try to get a camera there, some velcro and my phone maybe.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.