Brake lights and high mount brake light not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cesarsoto

Reaction score
have an 04 jeep liberty, both left and right brake lights are not working and neither is the high mount brake light, have changed all the bulbs and verified they are the right size, have changed the brake light switch and still no power to the brake lights, any idea what fuse to check or what to check next?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have an 04 jeep liberty, both left and right brake lights are not working and neither is the high mount brake light, have changed all the bulbs and verified they are the right size, have changed the brake light switch and still no power to the brake lights, any idea what fuse to check or what to check next?

Try fuse 12 (15 A) on the inside fuse panel.

Will not be a grounding issue as the lower brake light use a different ground to the high mount brake light.

A bad Trailer Tow installation can also cause problems.:shrug:

ArtO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never checked my KJ but on my '08 HHR the brake lights would only work if the car was running. Chevy tech said this was normal. Just throwing this out there.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take the brake light switch out and test for continuity. My cruise control wouldn't work because the resistance was too high

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk