Brake Light Issue & fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sleepyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So shortly after a weekend of off roading (aint that a wonderful saying, weekend of off roading), my left break/tail light was out, figured it blew on trail, bought new bulb, installed, week later I am now with same issue so today I took off the assembly and noticed there is a reflector or diffuser(sp) or some darn piece inside the lens area that the bulb shines onto/into and it is floppin around, thus when driving it smacks into the bulb and bam another 4 bucks wasted and the cops got an excuse to pull me over and so on.....

I superglued the piece in place, read about bulb orientation and am all back together, lets see how long this lasts.....

I am also looking to buy replacement assembly.....Just in case.

Jim

sleepyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toms Missing Headlight/Taillight Thread

Well actually it was hijacked from second post (on another place, not here where we are civilized and all gentlemen.....:gr_grin:)

SO for me my headlights suck, I figure there is that plastic cover over the lights for a reason but I dont like it at all, My Harley don;t need no stinkin light cover dodad, why does my Libby? I know people have converted to other lights, so lets here your ideas and maybe a pic or 2?

Any idea why the cover?

Jim

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cover over the headlight bulb is there to reflect the light from the bulb back into the reflector to put more of the light on the road. Remove the cover and the headlights will look brighter looking at them, but will suck while driving.

sleepyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cover over the headlight bulb is there to reflect the light from the bulb back into the reflector to put more of the light on the road. Remove the cover and the headlights will look brighter looking at them, but will suck while driving.

I knew there was a reason, I dont like being tied to it but it makes sense...

Thanks

Jim