brake help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
esp, traction control and abs lights all on, will sometimes go off but then ill hit a bump and back on. Also cruise control stopped working at the same time. ABS will also kick in under normal braking and there is a clicking at low speeds from the right drivers side.

Have all new pads, rotors and SS lines that I'm putting on in a few weeks... should I add an ABS sensor to the list ?

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First symptom sounds like water got into one of the abs sensors, the clicking makes me think the abs sensor has broken and something is touching the axle shaft maybe?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First symptom sounds like water got into one of the abs sensors, the clicking makes me think the abs sensor has broken and something is touching the axle shaft maybe?

while fighting with the connector the amount of dirt that fell out has me thinking I found it haha. The clicking is still a mystery...ill really have to get in there when I have the time. All brake components are being replaced on my "vacation" in 2 weeks.

Still wondering why the cruise control stopped working at the same time? is it connected to the sensors in the rear ?

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cruise control MAY stay disabled when abs sensors are reporting issues but im not really sure about cruise control in general

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a speed sensor in the rear stop working intermittently and it would send my ABS light , traction control light on and stopped my cruise control from working also. Once I replaced the speed sensor all was well.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still wondering why the cruise control stopped working at the same time? is it connected to the sensors in the rear ?

Normal operation on many/most vehicles. A lot of potential for damage or accident/injury if the driver enables cruise control and just "runs with it" so-to-speak. Although I used to see this more commonly anytime a MIL came on. Cruise was disabled to prevent the driver from setting it at any steady speed while there may be an engine issue that would result in further damage.

The vehicle won't be able to modulate vehicle speed by applying the brakes, nor confirm wheel spin/wheel speed if the speed sensors in each or any wheel is malfunctioning; thus, cruise control is disabled.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took out and cleaned off the one sensor and so far today no lights on but a little of the abs kicking in when it shouldn't. Cruise control also worked all day so far

Members online

No members online now.