Brake Bundle - too good to be true?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednel

Reaction score
I saw a bundle that has Calipers, Ceramic Brake Pads, Drilled Rotors for $225 (Canadian with free shipping) but I'm hesitant and wonder about the quality of something like this - it looks to good to be true and normally there is a catch? What do people think? Avoid?

The original calipers I took off (when replacing my wheel bearing - SKF) are fairly rusted externally but they did seem to work so maybe just better to clean them up?, stick them back on with new some new pads? And the rotors I took off have some rust at the edges etc but still seem fairly thick and even so they could possibly be re-used?

It's an 03 liberty so I don't want to throw a tonne of money at it, but if the brakes worked a bit better than before I'd be really happy. I also towed 1600lbs trailer fairly regularly in the summer and plan to do so again.

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Brakes are NOT something you cheap out on especially when towing a trailer or even hauling loved ones around.
No matter what you paid for it, if you are driving it you want good brakes on it
Even I want you to have good brakes LOL
Most of those so called specials use the cheapest parts out there, so run the other way

Rednel

Reaction score
Brakes are NOT something you cheap out on especially when towing a trailer or even hauling loved ones around.
No matter what you paid for it, if you are driving it you want good brakes on it
Even I want you to have good brakes LOL
Most of those so called specials use the cheapest parts out there, so run the other way

Thanks, I kind of thought that would be the answer, so I definitely won't go this route!

Rednel

Reaction score
I purchased some good parts from a local supplier in the end. It was easier for me than doing core return by mail. Rock auto looks good but being in Canada, exchange rates and shipping fees are an issue. Thanks everyone for their advice.

jeepop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see any reason to replace the calipers if they were working fine. I do like fresh rotors though. I am also an advocate of getting 100% new brake fluid into the braking system. New pads, rotors, and getting fresh brake fluid in there and you will be a happy tower.

Rednel

Reaction score
I don't see any reason to replace the calipers if they were working fine. I do like fresh rotors though. I am also an advocate of getting 100% new brake fluid into the braking system. New pads, rotors, and getting fresh brake fluid in there and you will be a happy tower.
Sounds good. I purchased the calipers in the end as the bleed nipples were rusted solid. At least this way I start fresh.

Latest posts

Members online