Bought ‘06- anyone running a t hood cover/bra?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepguy4276

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to get rid of my 02 due to rust. I picked up an 06 in pretty good shape. Unfortunately it has a dent in the center front of the hood. I’ll get a new hood and have it painted, but in the meantime I’m looking for something to cover it up. I’ve been looking at the t hood/bra covers. Anyone have pics of their Jeep’s with one on and info on it. I would only run it a few months or maybe over winter if I can’t get the hood painted. I’d love to see pics and hear stories about them. If anyone has a used one for sale I may be interested.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've ben on 3 main Jeep Forums that deal with KJs as well for over 17 years
and can only remember one guy who ran a bra on the hood
with dust / dirt etc getting under them and wearing the paint it's not a huge thing for most
I would run it without the bra and have a great story to tell how it happened
You know " There I was on this dark trail , scary looking place when suddenly a Bigfoot jumped out in front of me hitting the hood and took off " ;)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Tom beat me to it, but yeah, then bras do more damage than good.

I was actually shocked to see a KJ locally rolling with one that had been on for Cthulhu knows how long…you could see the rust runs from where it had bubbled away the paint.

Chell

Reaction score
I’m going to get rid of my 02 due to rust. I picked up an 06 in pretty good shape. Unfortunately it has a dent in the center front of the hood. I’ll get a new hood and have it painted, but in the meantime I’m looking for something to cover it up. I’ve been looking at the t hood/bra covers. Anyone have pics of their Jeep’s with one on and info on it. I would only run it a few months or maybe over winter if I can’t get the hood painted. I’d love to see pics and hear stories about them. If anyone has a used one for sale I may be interested.
Hello, I got a 2005 Liberty CRD two years ago and have a T hood cover for my Jeep and only use it when cruising the streets. I live in the 808 State and cautious about the rust factor. I never leave it on the hood for more than 2 days. It collects dust, dirt and leaves the hood kinda faded. I wash and detail the hood after use. I believe I have a pic, hope this helps. Thanks, Chell

Attachments

• 20200620_071743.jpg
    20200620_071743.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Members online