blue_kjR417's KJ Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
October 8, 2008 my mom came home from work and said she had seen a blue Jeep Liberty for sale at a local dealership in our area of Jonesboro, AR. She had bought her 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 there about 4 years ago and my dad is friends with the owner. She, of course, didn't remember if it was a 4x4 or not, but I told her I didn't want it if it wasn't. So my dad and I went down to the dealership when he got off work, they were closed but we took a look at the Jeep anyway. I loved it immediately! I realized that it was a Renegade model and WAS 4x4, and the best part....IT WAS BLUE! lol (I'm obsessed with blue haha) So we went home and I bugged mom for hours to go test drive it the next day, but she wouldn't so she had my dad go by and talk to his friend Wayne (the owner). It was the 9th now and dad went by, Wayne gave dad the keys and said to come back after closing and take it home for the night! So we did! I loved it even more when we got to drive it! I drove it around for hours and burnt a quarter tank of gas doing nothing lol. So when we got ready to take it back my dad said well lets make sure the 4 wheel drive works and everything so, literally going down the driveway to leave we stopped and dad pulled up on the lever. It wouldn't come up, my brother had a '93 Grand Cherokee which had a shifter much like the KJ so we knew how it worked. Dad gave it one good yank and it popped in and worked fine. When we decided to go ahead and take it back to the dealership he pushed the handle down and nothing happened. The Jeep wouldn't drive forward at all the t-case was stuck between 2wd and 4Hi. So after pondering for an hour or so. We put the trans in Neutral and towed it back up my driveway with my dads truck. The next morning (the 10th) we called the dealership and told them what happened so they came and picked it on a wrecker and took it back. They discovered it was the linkage cable, it had basically exploded and frayed terrible from catching on something. The mechanic said the only way that could have happened was if the vehicle had never been into 4wd before. So, no doubt, the lady that had it prior to them never used it. So the dealership ordered the part paid to have it fixed. It was fixed on monday the 13th at noon. By 2 o'clock I had the keys in my hand :). My parents had decided to go ahead and buy it because the linkage cable had just been a fluke. So as of 3 o'clock on October 13, 2008 my parents were the owners of a 2005 Patriot Blue Jeep Liberty Renegade with 80,124 miles. I was the MORE than proud driver lol!
You must be registered for see images attach

That's me and my Dad the day I drove it off the lot!

Right when I got home I snapped some pics of it! lol

I'll post all my mods and stuff soon!

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
blue.....nice jeep. Did you get a build sheet on it yet?

Dave

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I wish my first car had been a Liberty!

Oh my KJ wasn't my first car lol... this was

1990 Chevy Silverado C1500 350ci EFI

I blacked out the windows, threw on a Flowmaster, got matching tires, and dropped the rear a couple inches, and had a BAD ASS system in it but I sold it all to do some stuff to my KJ

blue.....nice jeep. Did you get a build sheet on it yet?

Dave

Haha I feel the same way about blue as you do black and thanks lol but no I haven't...

It really doesn't look much like that anymore lol well maybe a little but take a look at my pic link in my signature

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Current Modification List 1/23/12

My Comments for each modification are shown in "quotations"

Interior:
Font and Rear Gray Husky Liners
Front and Rear Mopar Neopreene Seat Covers
Custom Built Carpeted Cargo Shelf
Pioneer DEH-4900 Head Unit
Midland 5001z CB Radio w/External PA Speaker
Garmin Nuvi200 GPS