Blown engine - part out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakeyanosick

Reaction score
So the engine in my 2007 Liberty Sport blew up at 141,000 miles. What's the best way to get rid of this car? I loved driving it but the body is in too rough condition to jusify engine swapping it or anything. Should I just part it out and then scrap it?

Attachments

• IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 8

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd recommend adding some more photos, all the way around etc, lets get a better look at it.
When you say is in too rough condition is it all rusted up badly?
There are lots of good part in a KJ and parting in may be a very good option..look forward in viewing images..

jakeyanosick

Reaction score
I'd recommend adding some more photos, all the way around etc, lets get a better look at it.
When you say is in too rough condition is it all rusted up badly?
There are lots of good part in a KJ and parting in may be a very good option..look forward in viewing images..
Thanks for your reply. I’m gonna get some more pics when I go to the mechanic to clean it out this weekend.
By rough condition I mean the rust. I’ve bondo-ed many different holes in the doors/body and the rust keeps spreading. Also the plastic is pretty badly sun damaged and cracked in many places.
I forgot to add to my post that the muffler and exhaust is also almost brand new (they both completely rusted out 6 months ago), I’ll have to make sure to get pictures of that. Not sure what those are worth

NavyStore

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I’m gonna get some more pics when I go to the mechanic to clean it out this weekend.
By rough condition I mean the rust. I’ve bondo-ed many different holes in the doors/body and the rust keeps spreading. Also the plastic is pretty badly sun damaged and cracked in many places.
I forgot to add to my post that the muffler and exhaust is also almost brand new (they both completely rusted out 6 months ago), I’ll have to make sure to get pictures of that. Not sure what those are worth
Also, include where you live so we know if we can get parts via a drive or freight drop.

jakeyanosick

Reaction score
Also, include where you live so we know if we can get parts via a drive or freight drop.

Well in a sudden turn of events the mechanic ended up buying it off of us. Attached the last pictures I got of it. Sad that there’s no car really like these other than wranglers which are too expensive.

If I could find a Liberty for sale with under 80k miles I’d buy it in a heartbeat. That seems almost impossible though so I’m looking at 2015 Patriots.

Attachments

• 691AEBBF-0DA2-4491-9FA8-31B33827373C.jpeg
    691AEBBF-0DA2-4491-9FA8-31B33827373C.jpeg
    641.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 2FEC708A-6EE6-4984-9563-DCBB89BE10DA.jpeg
    2FEC708A-6EE6-4984-9563-DCBB89BE10DA.jpeg
    512.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 7135C1CC-B16B-4169-A499-896D2BC34ADA.jpeg
    7135C1CC-B16B-4169-A499-896D2BC34ADA.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 8

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Considering the KJ's are mostly all high mileage today, I think the 4 cylinder Patriot would be a good option then.
The 2.4L can tow up to 2000lbs. Max tow capacity for the 2.0L is only 1000 lbs.
Hope you can find a lower mileage Partiot, there must be some out there.

jakeyanosick

Reaction score
Considering the KJ's are mostly all high mileage today, I think the 4 cylinder Patriot would be a good option then.
The 2.4L can tow up to 2000lbs. Max tow capacity for the 2.0L is only 1000 lbs.
Hope you can find a lower mileage Partiot, there must be some out there.

There seems to be actually a decent amount of them. I test drive one today and it was alright, definitely didn’t have the same energy as the 3.7 but it was nice. I’m also considering a 2012 Liberty. Sadly it seems Carvana bought them all up in my area, so I gotta find one at a dealer first to test drive it

Latest posts

Members online