Blower working, just no heat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dougbartow

Reaction score
Came out this morning to my 02 Liberty (3.7L) blowing air but not hot. The hot/cold dashboard gauge was normal, just blowing cold air. I turned off the heat via the knob in the center console, and when I turned it back on, the air was hot. This only lasted for 5 minutes, however, as the air went cold again. The fan seems to be working fine, throughput on High is as powerful as ever, just no warmth to the air.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either a mostly plugged heater core (what does your coolant look like? Has it been drained and flushed recently?), or the valve changing door in heater to blow over the core, or not, isn't working properly. With engine at normal operating temperature feel both heater hoses, see if there's a noticeable difference.

Bob

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the blend door motor is going, it defaults to cold. That's exactly what mine did until it finally stopped working at all. One of these days I'll pull the dash. Right now other things to worry about so I just bundle up.

hemidave

Reaction score
Blend doors have a lot of problems

They have had problems with the blend doors. I have a 2004 with the same problem. I'll be working on it in the near future