blower not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJA

Reaction score
Anyone know how to test a Heat resistor for 2011 liberty sport, blower not working.

Anytimedude00

Reaction score
Are you sure its not the blower motor? That's a pretty popular thing to go out. Or is that what youre actually talking about?

Last edited:

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think they're talking about the blower motor resistor, which generally the blower will still work on the highest speed because the bmr is bypassed

check the fuses

TJA

Reaction score
the blower doesnt run at all. there is voltage at the motor 14volts dc. the motor has 14v dc even when the fan speed is off. does the fan run on current and not voltage. i hate just throwing parts at something cause i don't understand! i appreciate the help!

TJA

Reaction score
ok.... good news I got the blower to work again but only after I Played around with the TIPM fuse box.

Anytimedude00

Reaction score
Blower motors are extremely cheap. Had mine replaced in my exploder and it was like 120 bucks for a mechanic to fix. Not sure how easy it is to replace. Im sure you can find a video on the internet.

TJA

Reaction score
motor is cheap $48 @ rock auto. easy to change out. i took it out and jumpered it out right too the car battery. has something to do with the TIPM Fuse box.

takeitslow

Reaction score
Blower motor won't run

2010 Liberty. Just wouldn't turn on. Took out resistor controller behind glove box, has 5 aluminum fin heat sink about 4" in length. The connector is one single heavy gauge blue and one 3 wire combo, heavy gauge blue (like single wire)/small blue/ heavy gauge black. Heat sink gets hot and fan will not run at any speed, full on or not. Motor or relay/resistor bank, or both? Can i jumper to the blower to see if it works??? Thanks!

TrujilloAK

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum. We have a 2012 Liberty that the heater fan stopped responding to the selector dial. I found this site and this thread and fixed the problem for $25! It was the resistor behind the glove box.

Thanks JeepKJ Forum! You guys already saved us a couple hundred bucks!

Latest posts

Members online