Blend door clicking..again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could not find my old post for the life of me. I recently had a problem with my blendndoor making noise. I replaced the heater core because it blew and greased up the motor and it stopped for about a week. Now it's clicking again when I change the temperature. Think it's time for a motor? When I moved the blend door by hand with the dash out, it moved freely with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Any chance something like a foam duct gasket is interfering with one of the doors? My F-150 had a pen go down a defrost vent and land holding the fresh air door slightly open. Everything seemed to work fine movement-wise but not much heat.

What about a cable clip or cable housing clip being broken or loose. I'm just guessing. I haven't been into the Liberty's heating complexities yet.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance something like a foam duct gasket is interfering with one of the doors? My F-150 had a pen go down a defrost vent and land holding the fresh air door slightly open. Everything seemed to work fine movement-wise but not much heat.

What about a cable clip or cable housing clip being broken or loose. I'm just guessing. I haven't been into the Liberty's heating complexities yet.

I checked everything shook the hvac unit around and didn't hear anything move

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked everything shook the hvac unit around and didn't hear anything move

Does it still change temps? When my blend door actuator went it went from a sort of faint buzzing noise that it did for years to silence. The motor just stopped and the doors didn't move at all. I can't hear the new motor I installed at all. Smooth as silk. Never got any kind of clicking. That sounds more like an issue with the blend door itself. There are blend door pivot points on the bottom of the HVAC unit in the passenger side foot well. I've seen people drill through these to manually check or move the blend doors. Maybe if you did this you'd feel a catch point?

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it still change temps? When my blend door actuator went it went from a sort of faint buzzing noise that it did for years to silence. The motor just stopped and the doors didn't move at all. I can't hear the new motor I installed at all. Smooth as silk. Never got any kind of clicking. That sounds more like an issue with the blend door itself. There are blend door pivot points on the bottom of the HVAC unit in the passenger side foot well. I've seen people drill through these to manually check or move the blend doors. Maybe if you did this you'd feel a catch point?

Changes temp fine. As I said when I took the dash out to replace the heater core on the 4th, blend door moved freely no catching. I took the motor apart and greased it up and no clicking. After a couple days it started clicking again and I don't know why. I'm thinking maybe when there's a bad gear or it's slipping. But when I took it apart the gears looked fine, unless the motor itself is slipping. Couldn't tell. Everything was tight. Blend door moved good without problems

Latest posts

Members online