Black grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a red 07 sport...wondering what a black grille would look like on mine...

Anyone have pics of a later year non-black KJ with a black grille?

Cheers

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always thought about doing this to my silver KJ. I think it looks pretty good, but I'm not sure I'll like it in the long term.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always thought about doing this to my silver KJ. I think it looks pretty good, but I'm not sure I'll like it in the long term.

Use platic dip spray stuff. I'm gonna get me a can and do my grill one day. If you don't like it.....peel it off

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres mine with a black grill I know its not red but may help. I used rustolium flat black paint. It's held up alright there is a few nicks here and there from debris hitting it. When I paint again think Ill use plasti dip. Did my wheels with it and its holding up great!
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Austerity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is mine with black grill. I used Duplicolor Bedliner for the grill and the trim on the side. The wheels have been done (Since this pic) as well. I am going to do the bumpers, bottom half of doors and fenders as well. Stuff seems pretty damn tough.

You must be registered for see images

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny that thread showed I was looking into wraping mine into black. Red KJ also. Plasti dip was my second choice but Ièll look more into it.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems it will be hard to get some plasti dip over here. The US version is not legal and the CAN version is out of stock almost everywhere and selling for 20-30$
Any one know if a can is enough for the whole grille?

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems it will be hard to get some plasti dip over here. The US version is not legal and the CAN version is out of stock almost everywhere and selling for 20-30$
Any one know if a can is enough for the whole grille?

More than enough, I got 2 wheels with three coats each done with one can plus a little left over.

piaa_nissan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why the heck is the US Version illegal? VOC's?? I scuffed and painted mine after doing a plastidip trial. Bugs stuck to it and were hard to remove but I liked the black over the chrome so I ended up painting it with paint.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you anywhere even close to Pierrefonds? P.I. sells it. As long as you don't need any "customer service" your fine there.:emotions34:

http://performanceimprovements.com/

Saddly I'm in quebec city, everything to make thing easier -_- itès a pain over here to get limited edition or this and that because most of the time they are english only. Some home hardware may have it stock so Ièll go take a look next week.

Why the heck is the US Version illegal? VOC's?? I scuffed and painted mine after doing a plastidip trial. Bugs stuck to it and were hard to remove but I liked the black over the chrome so I ended up painting it with paint.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Because the US version use some chemical that are illegal in canada due to environmental regulation. Seems that we just care much about our planet :icon_wink: Aslo some province require bi-lingual package.
There is a canadian version for plasti dip but it's more expensive and rare as shit. The problem is that all online site like cardip canada don't have the black in stock at all!

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it black but a color more to match the color of the bumper and flairs. I think that would look cool. It is a little more subtle but makes a difference...

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got done using flat black Plasti Dip on mine. It's drying now. Extremely simple job. I did it on my apartment balcony.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make Plasti Dip in multiple colors. My KJ isn't red but I recommend the stuff. It looks like its bubbling at first but as it dries that goes away. This is 30 minutes in to drying.

You must be registered for see images attach

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll definitely head to home hardware later this week and see if they have some in stock. I'm sure it will be epic on a red KJ.

Latest posts

Members online