Binding sound when turning / accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last November I rebuilt the OEM front shaft using parts from the USA company posted here. The rebuild was easy and no wobbles or shimmy at speed which is what the Chinese ebay shafts I had before did.

I been chasing a binding sound when turning and accelerating. It’s like a bad cv axle sound. But it’s not. I’ve wasted my warranty and replaced my axles just to have the same sound again.

I did not want to jump to throwing parts at it but you consider everything is new up front or less then 2 years old - the general consensus was - my lift is binding the cv axles.

So after that I decided to remove the front shaft and now the sound is gone.
HOWEVER
I still get that binding sound when you floor it from a stop. Like something is loading and unloading.

So how could a front shaft cause the binding sound when accelerating and turning and what would cause the sound for a dead stop ?

honestly I’m stumped - I’ll admit.

I have the rear control arm replaced with new lower arms and the JBA y extension. All snug and tight.
Replaced those back when I did the lift.
JBA upper arms. Moog lower bjs m, moog endlinks etc etc
transmission mount looks ok. I can move it around a little bit.

Thinking of trying my luck at mounting my go pro under the Jeep at this point.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transfer case is another possibility I didn’t want to come to yet. But that makes sense as it’s always in motion right ?

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine makes similar sounds. Mostly when coming to a stop, accelerating from a stop, and making turns at low speed. At this point, I'm pretty sure it has to be the front differential bushings that are causing it. I've replaced everything else that it could be.

Latest posts

Members online