Bilstein shock absorbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

karter

Reaction score
My 05 Liberty with 75k on the odometer was riding a little loose . Installed a set of Bilstein shocks front and rear as well as an alignment . Greatly improved ride and directional stability . My driving is strictly on-road but with a stock suspension they should handle whatever off-roading you also do . I've used Bilstein's in the past on different trucks and this set for the Liberty is just as good . The rears are an easy install( 2 bolts each) but the fronts require the struts be removed from the "JEEP" and a suitable strut/spring compressor . If your not used to wrenching this is a job better left to a pro shop .

Last edited:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
My 05 Liberty with 75k on the odometer was riding a little loose . Installed a set of Bilstein shocks front and rear as well as an alignment . Greatly improved ride and directional stability . My driving is strictly on-road but with a stock suspension they should handle whatever off-roading you also do . I've used Bilstein's in the past on different trucks and this set for the Liberty is just as good . The rears are an easy install( 2 bolts each) but the fronts require the struts be removed from the car and a suitable strut/spring compressor . If your not used to wrenching this is a job better left to a pro shop .

ThunderbirdJunkie forsees future mechanical problems with this Jeep

L

lil black liberty

What's a CAR?? I thought we spoke about JEEPS in this part of the world :D:D

Never tried the bilsteins, though my brother had some on his bronco and only lasted 3 months..

karter

Reaction score
A few folks were dismayed that I called a Jeep a car and for this I'm deeply sorry . As I'm typing this I'm looking at the Lemon law advertisement above the quick reply box !

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few folks were dismayed that I called a Jeep a car and for this I'm deeply sorry . As I'm typing this I'm looking at the Lemon law advertisement above the quick reply box !

Don't be sorry...tell them to eff off and call it a sh*tbox on wheels if you want.

Please keep us updated with how the Bilsteins hold up and perform over time! :)

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score

You obviously are not familiar with the fact that the only people that have serious problems out of their Jeeps are the people who call them CARS

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please keep updating this thread...

As one of the few remaining stock 2002 KJ's on the planet I am planning on a set of these shocks for Christmas this year. And while anything is better than OEM, I would like to hear your experiences before I lay out the $$.

Jeep_peeL

Reaction score
Any new news on the Bilstein and performance attributes? I am thinking about getting a set for my Libby. Approximately $320 worth of junk or no junk?

PROS of Stock Liberty: it is 4x4
CONS of Stock Liberty: it has not much clearance and can bottom out.

MSReNeGaDe

Banned
Reaction score
Any new news on the Bilstein and performance attributes? I am thinking about getting a set for my Libby. Approximately $320 worth of junk or no junk?

PROS of Stock Liberty: it is 4x4
CONS of Stock Liberty: it has not much clearance and can bottom out.

I have bilsteins on the jk. The ride a bit stiff until its loaded up. Then its smooth sailing. As popular as they are with the kj crowd I'd say its a good investment
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

sent using the dark side of the force

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Love mine. They don't feel stiff to me, but a lot like the LR3 air suspension. Firm, but still very comfortable. I have OME coils too.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I've now driven with my medium duty OME setup, and it handles great! It does seem that replacing the shocks and springs at the same time is the way to maximize ride performance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online